Fujitsu has just launched their first netbook, the M2010 Mini-Notebook. The M2010 is glossy ruby red, features 3 USB ports (as opposed to the normal 2 USB ports found in other netbooks), a 10.1Ã¢â‚¬Â screen, a webcam, Bluetooth, sd card slot, stereo speakers, digital microphone, 90% keyboard, weighs 2.5 lbs, is expandable to 2 GB of RAM, and sports the usual Intel Atom 1.6 ghz processor. Fujitsu is also claiming a quick 50-second cold-boot. The M2010 ships with a 2.5 hour 3-cell battery, but a 6-cell is also available for ordering separately. The M2010 is $449 and is available immediately for ordering and shipping.
We hope to get some hands-on with the M2010 really soon, so stay tuned for our impressions.
Press release and pictures after the break:
SUNNYVALE, Calif. Ã¢â‚¬” June 2, 2009 Ã¢â‚¬” Fujitsu America today introduced the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook, its first netbook-class mini for the North American market. With an environmentally friendly 10.1-inch mercury-free backlit display, the 2.5-pound Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home-based Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook is ideal for the K-12 education market and mobile professionals. Featuring a durable design, the stylish, glossy ruby red Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook can withstand being casually tucked into handbags, messenger bags and backpacks.
The Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook stands out from other netbook-class mini-notebooks with features including easy expandability up to 2 GB, three USB ports rather than the standard two ports, stereo speakers, digital microphone, Bluetooth and a quick 50-second start-up.
· Powered by Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor, 160 GB 5400 rpm hard drive, and Microsoft Windows XP Home, the Fujitsu M2010 mini-notebook is ideal for the K-12 education market and mobile professional.
· Easy user expandable memory from standard 1 GB DDR2 memory to 2 GB.
· Digital microphone along with two-watt-per-channel stereo speakers and integrated webcam for recording/listening to webcasts or podcasts.
· Offers three USB ports rather than the standard two found in other netbook-class notebooks.
· Standard Bluetooth technology provides for wireless personal area network communication with other Bluetooth-compatible devices.
· Atheros(R) Wireless LAN and wireless LAN antenna helps assure a solid connection.
· Standard three-cell battery delivers 2.5(1) hours of computing or double it with an optional six-cell battery.
· Get up and running quickly with a 50-second boot-up.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.