Microsoft continues to ramp up its Live Search services with the introduction of voice search (Beta) and location-aware technology. After revealing the revamp of the Live Search services back in September, Microsoft is now rolling out some additional services to complete the package.
Some of the highlights include:
- Live Search 411: Customers can gain toll-free access by dialing (800) Call-411 from any phone to find and connect to local businesses, weather info, movie show times, and airline info. Mobile phones with Internet access can also receive links to traffic maps from Live Search 411.
- Improvements to mapping:
- Live Search will offer more accurate and easy to use driving directions, including dynamic rerouting based on real time traffic info.
- One-click essential directions that don’t require a starting point.
- One-page printing.
- 3D Image viewing: Birds eye and 3D imagery now covers 80% of the US and users can combine 3D and birds eye viewing.
- Live Search for Windows Mobile using Voice Input: The beta (available today) will come with an update for Live Search for Windows Mobile and allows users to access Live Search via voice that will include info on gas prices, local business hours, and more.
Here’s the link to the press release.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...