From the blog:
Until today, the Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 was only available for OEMs to put on new Windows 7 PCs capable of Windows Touch. Due to feedback and requests from both partners and customers, we are releasing the Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 for anyone with Windows Touch capable devices to download.
Apparently all those complaints (and presumably pressure from the competition) paid off. Now anyone with a touchscreen on a Windows 7 PC can enjoy:
- Microsoft Blackboard, an intricate game of physics in which you solve a puzzle by creating a fanciful machine on a blackboard.
- Microsoft Garden Pond, a tranquil game that takes place in serene Japanese water gardens.
- Microsoft Rebound, a game in which you use your fingertips to control Tesla spheres with an electrical field between them to catapult a metal game ball into your opponent’s goal.
- Microsoft Surface Globe, a program that you can use to explore the earth as a flat 2-D map or as an immersive 3-D experience.
- Microsoft Surface Collage, a program that you can use to explore and interact with your photos and arrange them as a desktop background.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon, a screen saver and interactive water simulation, complete with a meditative rock arrangement and playful, shy fish.
You will need multi-touch input to get the full effect from these apps, but even with single touch or pen, you can enjoy some of their interactivity. Be sure to check out our InkShow on the Touch Pack, and our other random encounters with it over the past year.
Update: Okay, so apparently you need certified multi-touch input to enjoy any of the interactivity, and this is really only for people who bought multi-touch PCs from OEMs who skipped the Touch Pack. Pity. Was hoping to see how multi-touch displays and tablet peripherals could take advantage of this.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...