I normally try to hit a couple of key conferences a year. Earlier this year, I attended CES and the Microsoft Mobility Partners conference. The other main conference I plan on attending is the Mobile Connections conference at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas from November 6 – 9.
If you are a developer interested in developing applications for the mobile pc ( mobile pc, ultra mobile pc, tablet pc, etc), then this is a conference that you need to attend. In addition to attending Mobile Connections, conference attendees can also go to ASP.NET Connections, SQL Server Connections, SharePoint Connections, Visual Studio Connections, and Office Connections. Basically, 6 conferences for the price of 1. The conference costs $1295 until September 18th, $1395 after September 18th.
I’ll be blogging the conference as well as shooting some video of interviews with vendors, Mobile PC team members from Microsoft, conference attendees, etc. Here is a link to the schedule and to the conference brochure. The Mobile Connections track covers the following topics:
- Using Ink in Your Application
- Mobile Lifestyle PC Applications
- Developing for the Ultra Mobile PC
- Mobile PC Opportunities with Content Services
- Ink and the Windows Presentation Foundation
- UI Design Best Practices for Ultra Mobile PCs
- Building network and power aware Mobile PC applications
- Ink Recognition and Ink Analysis
- Inside Windows SideShow
- Data Syncronization and retrieving ink using relational databases
- and more…
Check it out and let me know if you are attending. It would be great to set up an informal Tablet PC / Mobile PC meetup.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.