I was browsing around on ModMyi yesterday and found a really cool theme for Dreamboard called OS7. It looked so cool that I went through the trouble of charging my iPhone 4, updating it, jailbreaking it, and setting this up. All in all, I put in a couple of hours to check this theme out for myself, most of the time spent was charging it up and updating the official iOS version to 5.01.
This theme allows your iPhone to emulate the look and feel of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7. Of course it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty cool.
Check out this quick video I took showing it off.
The version of this theme you see in the video is very basic and does not include any of the dozens of extras you can add to it. If you check out the thread on ModMyi, you will find many addons and tiles to add to it.
What do you need to do this?
- You need to have a jailbroken iPhone. Instructions on jailbreaking can be found here on GBM.
- Next you will need access to Cydia, which is built into most jailbreaking procedures.
- Search for and install Dreamboard.
- Search Cydia for OS7 and select OS7:Revive (This version has more built-in bells and whistles).
- Run Dreamboard and select OS7.
That’s all. You have a Windows Phone theme running on your iPhone. When you slide to the left to view the apps, you will see a settings icon below the arrow in the left side of the screen, this is where you go to change options, color schemes, etc.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.