With the specs of the Motion Computing LE1700 Tablet PC found on Friday, many have been wondering when the official announcement would come. The wait is no more.
Today, Motion Computing has officially announced the LE1700, bringing to the table many firsts for a slate Tablet PC: 1.5 ghz Core 2 Duo, SXGA, integrated broadband, and multi-mode / capacitive touch that also works with SXGA.
The Core 2 Duo version starts at $2199, while the 1.2 ghz Core Solo version starts at $1999. View Anywhere is a $299 upgrade. Write Touch is also a $299 upgrade.
- Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset, Intel 950 Graphics
- Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g) networking
- Integrated Bluetooth® and infrared
- Integrated Wireless Broadband
- Integrated accelerometer to help protect the hard drive
- 30 or 60gb harddrive, 1.8” 4200 rpm
- Base RAM of 1gb, support for up to 4 gb of DDR2 RAM
- 12.1″ SXGA+ TFT LCD
- Integrated fingerprint reader that also doubles as a trackpad
- Integrated Ethernet
- Optional WriteTouch dual mode to allow touch and active digitizer use.
- Optional View Anywhere for outdoor and bright-light viewing. View Anywhere is not available with WriteTouch.
- Ambient light sensor (ALS)
- VGA port
- DVI-D port
- SD (Secure Digital) card slot
- PC card slot
- SIM card slot
- Weight: 3.3lbs with Standard Battery, 4.3lbs with Extended Battery
- Dimensions: 11.65” x 9.64 x .74”
- Available to order with Vista Business or XP Tablet Edition.