When Motion Computing announced the innovative C5 Tablet PC several months ago, people saw several new things not previously implemented in a Tablet PC: an integrated barcode reader, RFID scanner, a spill-proof / disinfectant-resistant resin casing, and a handle. The C5 was built from the bottom-up to be a health care focused device, and with those features, plus a 2.0-megapixel camera, it clearly shines.
The great thing about the C5 is that it has tremendous possibilities outside of the health-care field: field force workers, construction, hospitality, retail sales, warehousing, service, etc. I would really like to see future Motion products integrate the camera and the handle. In the few days I got to review the C5, I grew to really appreciate that handle.
- Watch or download the High Res Video Review InkShow ( 180mb, 23:45. Windows Media streaming or direct download ).
- Prices start at $2199. Reviewed C5 is priced at $2859, which includes a 60gb hard drive, and 1.5gb of memory.
- Notable specs:
- 1.2 ghz Core Solo processor
- 10.4″ 1024 x 768 screen
- Integrated barcode and RFIF reader
- 2.0-megapixel camera
- Disinfectant-resistant resin; Elastomer overmolding; Semi-sealed design with minimal ports (tested to IP-54 specifications);
- Sealed display, speaker, buttons, fan assembly and docking connector; Liquid-resistant cover on microphones
- Wireless available with Intel or Atheros
All GottaBeMobile.com InkShows are sponsored by:
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...