When Motion Computing announced the innovative C5 Tablet PC several months ago, people saw several new things not previously implemented in a Tablet PC: an integrated barcode reader, RFID scanner, a spill-proof / disinfectant-resistant resin casing, and a handle. The C5 was built from the bottom-up to be a health care focused device, and with those features, plus a 2.0-megapixel camera, it clearly shines.
The great thing about the C5 is that it has tremendous possibilities outside of the health-care field: field force workers, construction, hospitality, retail sales, warehousing, service, etc. I would really like to see future Motion products integrate the camera and the handle. In the few days I got to review the C5, I grew to really appreciate that handle.
- Watch or download the High Res Video Review InkShow ( 180mb, 23:45. Windows Media streaming or direct download ).
- Prices start at $2199. Reviewed C5 is priced at $2859, which includes a 60gb hard drive, and 1.5gb of memory.
- Notable specs:
- 1.2 ghz Core Solo processor
- 10.4″ 1024 x 768 screen
- Integrated barcode and RFIF reader
- 2.0-megapixel camera
- Disinfectant-resistant resin; Elastomer overmolding; Semi-sealed design with minimal ports (tested to IP-54 specifications);
- Sealed display, speaker, buttons, fan assembly and docking connector; Liquid-resistant cover on microphones
- Wireless available with Intel or Atheros
All GottaBeMobile.com InkShows are sponsored by: