If these specs are true, Motion has again set the bar in a number areas:
- SXGA screen – would be the first slate on the market with SXGA
- Core 2 Duo – would be the first slate on the market with Core 2 Duo
- Integrated WWAN ( antenna is flush with casing – very nice! ). First slate, I believe, to offer integrated WWAN.
In addition, according to these FCC specs, they are offering a dual mode touch / active digtizer feature, what Motion is apparently calling WriteTouch. If these specs hold true when announcment time comes, Motion clearly listened to customer feedback when designing the LE1700. I’d expect this slate tablet pc to be quite popular. No official word on an announcement date. Stay tuned….
Via the FCC site
Intel® Core™2 Duo 1.5 GHz Processor or
Intel® Core™ Solo 1.2 GHz Processor
• Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset
• Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g) networking
• Integrated Bluetooth® and infrared
• Integrated Wireless Broadband
• Integrated accelerometer to help protect the hard drive
• DDR2 RAM
• 12.1″ SXGA+ TFT LCD
• Integrated fingerprint reader
• Integrated Ethernet
• Resolution up to 1400 × 1050 pixels.
With the optional WriteTouch dual mode feature, the LE1700 includes an active digitizer as well as a touch-sensitive display.
The View Anywhere™ display option enhances outdoor viewing and bright-light viewing environments.
Some other features…
Ambient light sensor (ALS)
SD (Secure Digital) card slot
PC card slot
SIM card slot
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.