Here are some initial impressions from my family after using the Kindle tonight:
- Without showing any of them how to use it, they instinctively wanted to touch menu options rather than use the scroller to navigate and select.
- My 13 year-old son, Dax, and 11 year-old daughter, Maggie, immediately commented how useful it would be in school if they could get all of their text books on it.
- My wife didn’t think she would use it – she is an avid reader. She prefers real books
- Everyone remarked how small and light it was, and how crisp the screen was.
- My step-father told me that it wouldn’t be a good solution for doing a research, since he prefers to lay a lot of books out on the table at once. For me, though, it would be a good solution for that.
- I told my wife it was a great device for taking somewhere like church, since it was quiet and I had the Bible on it. She asked me why I would want to do that.
For what it is worth – impressions from non-techie folks – folks I think Amazon is trying to reach with the Kindle.
Is Simple Mobile Worth It?
Is Simple Mobile worth it? This is what you need to know about switching to Simple Mobile. We’ll cover what...
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...