For those upgrading, buying an iPhone 3G, or upgrading their iPod Touches, here are my favorite apps that you might want to check out:
- Remote – control iTunes on your mac / pc from your iPhone / iPod Touch. This media functionality is absolutely awesome.
- Sketches – finger-based notes / sketches with cool stamps. Fun for playing around, taking quick notes, or entertaining your kids.
- SmugShot – take pictures and upload directly to SmugMug
- Loopt – track your location and update Twitter
- Evernote: this dedicated app will kill their web based app, and adds tremendous notetaking features to the iPhone. They need to add finger based ink, though.
- Twitterific – update Twitter with a dedicated app – nicely done
- PhoneSaber – use your iPhone as a light saber – very, very cool!!!
- Pandora – Listen to Pandora radio over your iPhone
- Super Monkey Ball – My kids absolutely love this game and have taken to game playing on the iPhone very naturally. I think I see some iPod Touches in their future.
I’ll be taking a look at OmniFocus later in the day. And, of course, Exchange support is the killer feature. Honestly, it feels like I just got a brand new phone for free. I can’t think of a single reason why I’d recommend anyone get a Windows Mobile phone or Blackberry.