Well ahead of E3 2015 we are able to share new information about the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release including a surprising villain, the arrival of a Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Xbox 360 and PS3 release and other information about the game.
While much attention shifted to Fallout 4 recently, the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release is still one of the most anticipated video games of 2015.
The new Black Ops 3 release date arrives on Friday November 6th, allowing gamers to play all weekend instead of holding off for a typical Tuesday release. Activision initially announced the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC with special editions likely coming later this year.
Here’s a look at the latest Black Ops 3 details ahead of a bigger reveal at E3 2015. E3 starts next week with a variety of press conferences from major publishers and companies kicking off as early as June 14th.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for Xbox 360 & PS3
Ahead of E3 2015 Activision confirmed the PS3 and Xbox 360 Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release. This is not the same game as Black Ops 3 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, but it does feature the same modes.
Black Ops 3 for Xbox 360 and PS3 includes a story mode, multiplayer and zombies, but the features will not be the same as on newer consoles. There are no plans for a PS3 or Xbox 360 Black Ops 3 beta at this time. Beenox and Mercenary Technology are developing these versions of Black Ops 3.
New Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Partnerships
The Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release is a big deal for more than just gaming consoles. It marks a huge opportunity for branded items that gamers can buy to add to their game room, controller and closet.
During the E3 2015 preparations Charlie Intel discovered a listing of some of the new Call of Duty Black Ops 3 partnerships.
- MEGA Brands – Realized unprecedented success of the Call of Duty Collectible Construction Sets, which marked the largest new IP launch in MEGA’s history
- BioWorld – Continues to offer fans authentic apparel and accessories, globally
- Funko – Delivers line of Pop! Vinyl figures at GameStop
- BradyGames – Once again allows fans to learn all the intricate details of the blockbuster game with the comprehensive strategy guide book
- Fathead – Introduces epic new wall decals inspired by the game this fall, allowing fans to further experience the game
- Surreal – Offers Call of Duty-themed barware, beach towels and throws for the ultimate fan
- Power A – Outfits gamers with themed accessories and gifts
- KontrolFreek – Provides Call of Duty fans the latest controller upgrades and accessories
- Razer – A household name in PC Gaming brings Call of Dutyfans the ultimate PC Gaming Gear on the market
You can count on a variety of branded Black Ops 3 gear to arrive in the lead up to the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 release date this fall. We already know that Mountain Dew and Doritos plan a branded launch.
Surprise Black Ops 3 Villain
You might not know that Marshawn Lynch is a huge Call of Duty fan. Thanks to that dedication and his Beast Mode performances Activision tapped Lynch to play a role in Black Ops 3.
ESPN shares more details about the appearance in the latest ESPN Magazine where Lynch reveals that he plays an imposing villain in the new Call of Duty.
The video above outlines the motion capture process and an interview with Lynch about the experience of becoming part of a new Call of Duty game.
First Look at Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Screen
In the ESPN article about Marshawn Lynch we get a look at the NFL player playing the new Call of Duty Black Ops 3 multiplayer mode.
The photo isn’t the best quality, but it does clearly show a new mini map in the upper left, of the screen and a new kill streak mode on the right side. This appears to be the PS4 Black Ops 3 multiplayer mode, as Lynch is holding a PS4 controller in his hands.
Members of the press will play the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 multiplayer mode at E3 2015 and there is a Black Ops 3 beta coming later this year where gamers will be able to play the multiplayer component early.
No Wii U Black Ops 3 Release
The one big piece of bad news that came out today is that there is no Wii U Black Ops 3 release. This is not a huge surprise, but it is another reminder that Nintendo misses out on some of the biggest games of the year.