Apple’s third-generation new iPad could hit China as soon as July 27th.
Apple has not confirmed that date as of yet.
The release date is apparently for the Wi-Fi model of the device and not the cellular enabled version and a rumored release date for the cellular variant of the new iPad remains a mystery.
Read: New iPad Review (3rd Gen).
The news comes shortly after Apple was able to settle a lawsuit with Chinese company Shenzen Proview Technology who once held the rights to the iPad name in China.
After paying $60 million, Apple now owns the rights to the iPad name in China clearing the way for a full-fledged launch sometime in the future as China has already approved one iPad model for launch within its borders.
Apple has made it very clear that China is a market that it wants to tap into.
The company has been making a strong push into China as it has opened several retail locations where it offers its iOS-powered devices.
Those features include:
- Improved text input and built-in support for popular Chinese Internet services.
- New Chinese dictionary and improved text input.
- Mix full and abbreviated Pinyin and even type English words in a Pinyin sentence without switching keyboards.
- Support for over 30,000 characters.
- Baidu is a built-in option in Safari.
- Users can share videos directly to Youku and Tudou.
- Post to Sina Weibo from Camera, Photos, Maps, Safari, and Game Center.
iOS 6 will be arriving this fall but it looks like the new iPad might arrive in China before it launches.
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons To Wait
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...