Working at my full time job, doing GottaBeMobile.com tasks and some personal things, I have a hard time keeping up with some FTP transfer sites and the UN and PW’s associated with those FTP sites. I usually hit at least 2-3 a day and most of the time they aren’t the same one each time. We have multiple offices around the country (and the world for that matter, but I don’t deal with them that much…) that I am either putting up data or pulling data down.
I have found solution to my problem with a application called FileZilla. This program allows me to store all my accounts in the same location and with just a drop down menu away, I can switch between any account and it automatically connects. FileZilla has made my FTP life so much easier, and the best part about it?? It’s free!! I have been using this program for about 2 weeks and it’s staying on my machine for now.
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, OSX and more
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Network configuration wizard
And for all the FF people out there, I have tried FireFTP on my personal machines, but on my main work machine I have to use IE and can’t install FireFox. So am I missing any other FTP clients that are better than this?? Are the Paid versions better than this free version?? What are your thoughts??