Anyone going on long trip with a lot of gear will love the OGIO Renegade RSS 17 Laptop Backpack. It comes with more pockets than most will know what to do with. We were able to pack more into this bag than any of our other laptop backpacks. It carries our stuff well and feels comfortable despite the weight. OGIO made this backpack for storage. The black polyester material feels like its going to hold up well for a long time. The solid medal zipper handles come with black polyester tabs branded with the OGIO name in red. The bag looks nice while protecting all the components housed inside. However, all this doesn’t come cheap.
OGIO Renegade RSS 17 Laptop Backpack Compartments
Here’s a list of the compartments included with the backpack:
- Padded reinforced laptop compartment for 15″ or a small 17″ laptop
- Padded 10″ or smaller tablet pocket with room for accessories like a keyboard
- Hard top reinforced zippered pocket that won’t crush with room for sun glasses or a mouse plus other tools
- Four side pockets with zippers, including one that can hold a water bottle. The others can hold chargers or other accessories about that size
- Smaller zippered pocket with two mesh pockets inside for quick access to things like chargers or a small digital camera
- Pocket on left shoulder strap is big enough for a small phone, like an iPhone or smaller
- Front pocket for up to four pens, pencils or styli, two mesh pockets and one zippered pocket plus room for more sitting loose
- Large main compartment will fit a change of clothes, books, kindle or even a 15″ laptop in a sleeve
Comfortable and Spacious
That’s a lot of carrying space in a backpack that weighs 3.5 lbs by itself. The OGIO Renegade RSS 17 will get heavy with a lot of gear. The two shoulder straps help disperse the weight. We found it comfortable with a MacBook Pro, two iPads, a Kindle and all their accessories plus some charging tools and a Nikon 1 camera plus an extra lens, charger and SD cards.
This will work great for an overnight trip. No checking bags with this backpack. It’s also great for students who carry books plus their electronic gear.
Two Small Reasons for Concern
Besides the weight, sticker shock might make some buyers pause. The bag retails for $150 directly from OGIO. That’s about the best price we could find online from reputable dealers.
That’s not a bad price for a rugged laptop bag with lots of storage space. It looks nice and feels good despite the weight. So we’d happily recommend it to anyone who can afford it. In short, the OGIO Renegade RSS 17 is a great bag for anyone carrying a lot of gear.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...