If there’s a website that you visit frequently, your first instinct is to save it as a bookmark so that when you open up your web browser all you have to do is click on that link in your bookmarks and it’ll take you right to the website. However, if there’s a website that you visit a lot on your mobile device specifically there’s a neat way that you can create a home screen shortcut for it in Safari.
Sadly, this method only works in Safari, so if you use Google Chrome or any other third-party web browser primarily, you won’t be able to do this. But it goes to show what a web browser can really do on its native platform (and why Safari is an underrated web browser). Anyway, putting a website shortcut on your home screen is super easy, and we’ll show how to do it step-by-step.
- Open up Safari on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the website that you want to save as a home screen shortcut. In this case, we’re using GottaBeMobile.com.
- Tap the Share button on the bottom menu bar. It’s an icon that’s a box with an arrow sticking out from it.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen.
- On the next page you’ll give the shortcut a name and confirm the web address.
- After that, tap on Add in the upper-right corner to add the shortcut to your home screen.
The icon will usually be the favicon of the website, but sometimes it’ll be something random, like you see with GottaBeMobile; it simply depends on the website and how Safari reads it. In any case, you’ll now have a home screen shortcut to a favorite website and it’ll blend in with all of the other apps without a problem!
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want to...
Best Smart Home Gifts for Your Parents in 2020
Smart home upgrades make the perfect gift for your parents this year. Whether it is a birthday gift or anniversary...