One of the downsides of using multiple mobile Tablet PCs / UMPCs, is that inevitably duplicate files will creep up due to on-the-fly backups, trying different sync programs, etc. A GBM reader recently asked us for a recommendation on a program to search and remove duplicate files.
One of the programs I’ve used in the past is NoClone – It is fast, has lots of options, and is exhaustive. Here is a list of features from the product page:
- True Byte-by-byte comparison , not by CRC / MD5, totally safe to delete files.
- Search duplicate file contents regardless of file name
- Search duplicate pictures (jpg, gif), video (avi, mpg), songs(mp3), DLLs and any file types
- Search files with same contents, same name, zero size and truncated files.
- Simple fuzzy match
- Smart marker of duplicate files by date, version, size, folder and file name pattern
- Preview files, show file versions and properties
- Save search session / Export result list to CSV format
- Search local hard drives (Home ed.) and over network (Enterprise ed.)
What program do you use to search for and remove duplicate files?
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.