Just some random thinking on Tablet PCs and UMPCs on a Sunday. It might be worth sharing, it might not.
- I still enjoy the freedom a Tablet PC gives me in the workplace. Every day.
- I’m increasingly trying to integrate a UMPC in those same situations but find that a UMPC is becoming a one task (note taking in OneNote 2007) device in most circumstances.
- I still wish Inking on a Tablet PC was more integrated in the OS and thus more transparent.
- I still enjoy relaxing with a Tablet PC in slate mode and perusing the Internet or reading feeds. That is a singular joy for me.
- Touch on a UMPC is becoming more of a use to me as a navigational tool the more I use it.
- Touch on a UMPC still has a long way to go.
- Isn’t there some happy medium between ““hard touchÃ¢â‚¬Â and ““soft touch?Ã¢â‚¬Â ““Hard TouchÃ¢â‚¬Â works better for me in Inking notes. ““Soft touchÃ¢â‚¬Â is useless in this case in my experience.
- Small may be in, but I find that using a 12Ã¢â‚¬Â convertible Tablet PC offers me less frustration than using a UMPC.
- If it came down to it, I’d choose power over battery life. Except when I need battery life.
- Vista has made life easier in some respects, frustrating in others (device drivers!!!!!) but I find that increasingly I’m not taking advantage of many of its ““featuresÃ¢â‚¬Â on a daily basis beyond the Tablet PC improvements.
- Stall surfing is underrated and shouldn’t be a dirty little secret.
- Are we done seeing new applications for Tablet PCs and UMPCs? The standbys work well and are great. (TEO, MindManager, OneNote 2007, ArtRage, etc .) Anyone hear of something that really takes advantage of this technology on the horizon?
- OneNote 2007 is a life saver and a killer application. Someone tell Microsoft this so they know it.
- Touch screens are magnets for dust, grease, fingerprints, and the like. I don’t think that will ever change. But it would be nice.
- Wow factor? It comes and it goes.
- If there is a Vista SP1 in the works, I sure hope that the scaling of screens and windows with control boxes is a part of the effort. UMPCs are the bastard children of Microsoft until it pays attention to this.
- Are we ever going to see OEM’s name Tablet PCs and UMPCs with something other than silly alpha/numeric conventions?
- Whatever happened to that Ink on Video app that Rob posted an InkShow about?
- A UMPC without a fingerprint reader makes no sense to me.
For what it is worth.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...