The HTC EVO 3D wasn’t the only gadget that Sprint announced during its press event today at CTIA. The carrier also announced its WiMax enabled version of the HTC Flyer that will hit shelves across the United States as the HTC EVO View 4G.
As expected, the EVO View 4G is the identical twin brother (or sister) of the HTC Flyer tablet which was announced all the way back in February at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
It’s going to be coming with a 7-inch 1024 x 600 touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom, a rear 5 mega pixel camera and a front facing 1.3 mega pixel camera, some version of Android (likely Gingerbread), HTC Scribe Technology, and of course, compatibility with Sprint’s WiMax network for blazing 4G speeds.
The HTC EVO View 4G will also have access to the Android Market and sport integrated GPS. It will be powered by a single-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor and will have 32GB internal memory, 1GB RAM and a microSD card slot for additional space.
Like the HTC EVO 3D, the HTC EVO View 4G will be out this summer for an unspecified amount of cash.
Here is the full specification list for Sprint’s latest tablet:
· Android operating system
· HTC Scribe Technology enabling enhanced voice-synchronized note taking with the HTC Scribe digital pen using Timemark to capture the audio of a meeting at the same time as written notes
· Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Voice Actions and YouTube™
· Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
· 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
· 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
· 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps
· Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)
· Integrated GPS
· Dual cameras – a 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera – HTC EVO View 4G unleashes the ability to create, stream and watch video or video chat with the Qik mobile app
· Blockbuster On Demand® to rent or purchase the hottest new releases on the same day they become available on Blu-ray and DVD
· Sprint Zone, Sprint Mobile Wallet, Sprint Football Live, Sprint Family Locator, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
· Media player with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
· Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
· 1.5GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® Processor
· Dimensions: 7.7 inches (195.4 mm) x 4.4 inches (112.5 mm) x 0.5 inches (13.2 mm)
· Weight: 14.88 ounces (421.84 grams)
· Display: 7-inch (177.8 mm), 1024 x 600 touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom
· 32GB internal memory, 1GB RAM; microSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
· Battery: 4000 mAh Lithium-ion battery
60 Exciting Things You Can Do With the Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is a smartwatch that connects to your iPhone to deliver notifications, make calls, send texts and run...
Best Smart Home Gifts for Your Parents in 2019
Smart home upgrades make the perfect gift for your parents this year. If your parents are anything like mine, they’ve...