The Straight Talk iPhone 5s release date is set for Friday December 13th, alongside the Straight Talk iPhone 5c which will arrive at Walmart exclusively. In addition, the Net10 iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are also set for a release on Friday, bringing the new iPhones to Walmart’s pre-paid carriers.
Straight Talk and Net10 are low cost alternatives to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile that use many of the same towers. The carriers are not like the pre-paid carriers of four years ago with phones no one would want, but it does take a little longer for something like an iPhone 5s to arrive on Straight Talk and Net10 Wireless.
The Straight Talk iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c only come in the 16GB model, but shoppers can pick the color that they want. We expect the gold Straight Talk iPhone 5s will still be slightly harder to find. The Net10 Wireless plans include the same prices.
- Straight Talk iPhone 5s 16GB – $649
- Straight Talk iPhone 5c White, Blue, Green, Pink and Yellow in 16GB – $549
- Straight Talk iPhone 4s 8GB – $449
The Net10 and Straight Talk iPhone 5s and iPhone 4s are available online and in store, but the Straight Talk iPhone 5c is only available online.
The Straight Talk iPhone 5s price is a bit high for some users, but Walmart is helping cut that down to a manageable size with a Net10 and Straight Talk iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c payment plan through the Walmart Credit Card. Users that qualify for a credit card can get a 0% finance payment plan for 18 or 24 months. If shoppers miss a payment or do not pay it off in time, they will be charged interest on the entire purchase. The iPhone 5s qualifies for a 24 month payment period and the Net10 and Straight Talk iPhone 5c for a 18 month plan. This offer ends on December 31st.
Straight Talk and Net10 are both no contract carriers which are available through Walmart stores and online. The Straight Talk iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are better suited for single users, while the Net10 iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are an option that is attractive to users who want a no contract family plan.
Straight Talk Wireless Plans
- $45 – No-Contract 30-Day Plan with Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data.
- $60 – No-Contract 30-Day Plan with Unlimited* Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data PLUS Unlimited International Calling to more than 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India, and in other countries.
NET10 Wireless Plans
- Friends and Family 30-Day Plans starting at $50 for the first line and $40 for each additional line – No-Contract 30-Day Plans with Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data for each line without sharing.
- $65 – No-Contract 30-Day Plan with Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data PLUS Unlimited International Calling to more than 1,000 destinations in Mexico, Canada, India, and in other countries.
As should be expected, the unlimited parts of these plans all come with catches and caveats. Unlimited data is 2.5GB at full speed and the rest at a slower speed. Straight Talk supports AT&T 4G LTE, but it is not clear which carrier the Straight Talk iPhone 5s will use, though F.J. Pollak, CEO and President, TracFone Wireless, confirms LTE support on multiple carriers in the press release stating, “Our growing lineup of premium smartphones with the addition of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c reflects our dedication to providing consumers with affordable plans on the top phones on the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE networks.”
Straight Talk sells a 4G LTE SIM online which users can pop into an AT&T iPhone 5s or unlocked iPhone 5s and use 4G LTE. If you don’t want to wait or you prefer to buy one that you can take to another carrier easily.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...