Just days after Apple announced its new iPhone 6 devices and hours before wireless carriers are set to begin taking pre-orders and information for early adopters, the T-Mobile iPhone 6 pre-order and pricing details that potential buyers will need to make an educated decision about the two new phones is here. Moments ago the United States fourth-largest wireless carrier revealed the T-Mobile iPhone 6 launch details.
Update: T-Mobile.com is not accepting pre-orders as of 9/12 1:15AM PDT. Instead, it is only collecting iPhone 6 pre-registrations. The Apple Store App is not accepting T-Mobile iPhone 6 pre-orders either. Click here for more details
T-Mobile iPhone 6 Pre-Order Start Time
First the pre-order details. When it unveiled the iPhone 6 and basic carrier pricing Apple also said that users would be able to pre-order both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus ahead of their September 19th launch date. The pre-order date the company shared was September 12th, but it didn’t share an exact time.
T-Mobile representatives who talked with GottaBeMobile this afternoon following the release of the T-Mobile iPhone 6 release details have confirmed that T-Mobile will begin taking iPhone 6 pre-orders on its website at exactly 12 midnight Pacific Standard Time. That means that adjusted for the time difference users on the East Coast of the United States can expect T-Mobile iPhone 6 pre-orders to begin online promptly at 3AM Eastern Standard Time.
To be absolutely clear, pre-ordering will only be taking place on T-Mobile’s website tonight. Not any of the stores that are scattered throughout the country.
T-Mobile iPhone 6 Price
Pricing is where things get a bit complicated for T-Mobile iPhone 6 buyers. America’s other large wireless carriers will use the same pricing that Apple showed on stage during its iPhone 6 reveal event. Things for T-Mobile iPhone 6 buyers will work a bit differently since the carrier doesn’t include the price of new smartphones with their wireless plans and doesn’t have contracts.
- The T-Mobile iPhone 6 with 16GB of storage space will not require a down payment for users signing up with a T-Mobile Equipment Installation Plan and a Simple Choice Plan. Instead, users will have to pay for their wireless plan and $27.08 a month for 24 months.
- T-Mobile iPhone 6 with 64GB of storage space buyers will need to supply the carrier with a down-payment of $99.99. After that, T-Mobile will tack on 24 monthly payments of $27.08 to their bill.
- The T-Mobile iPhone 6 with 128GB of storage will cost users a $199.99 down payment and monthly payments of $27.08.
Things get slightly more expensive for those users purchasing the T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus.
- The T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus with 16GB of storage won’t require a down payment. That being said, 24 monthly payments of $31.24 will be required.
- The T-Mobile iPhone 6 Pus with 64GB of storage will cost $99 down and require 24 monthly payments of $31.25.
- The T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus with 128GB of storage will require a $199.99 down payment and $24 monthly payments of $31.25.
The price of the T-Mobile iPhone 6 is competitive. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will cost at least $199 on most other carriers. It is important to note that T-Mobile allows users to pay for their iPhone – or any phone – in full at the time of purchase. Users who do purchase a T-Mobile iPhone 6 can also pay the remaining balance on their device off and lower their monthly bill. It’s worth noting that smart iPhone 6 buyers can trade-in their current iPhone or other smartphone too. T-Mobile recently announced that it will match any trade-in value users can find from other carriers and credit users some money on their account if they find higher trade-in value anywhere else.
All told, it’s a pretty robust pricing structure considering how much the iPhone 6 will cost on some carriers. GottaBeMobile has already broken down iPhone 6 pricing for each of the major wireless carriers in the United States here.
Before considering pre-ordering the T-Mobile iPhone 6, it’s a good idea to read GottaBeMobile’s tips for iPhone 6 pre-orders too. Doing so could save a lot of time and frustration.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...