Sam Gordon and a couple of friends designed a smartphone stand called The Oona and put it on Kickstarter to raise funding. In two weeks, their design has received $75,000 from 2200 backers which is $65,000 more than they had asked for.
There is a reason they were able to secure so much funding for their product and that’s because the Oona very well could be one of the nicest smartphone stands to date. Instead of being made with cheap plastic, it’s made of aircraft grade aluminum which is polished and anodized so that it can easily resist scratches.
It’s also small enough to fit in your pocket and it’s almost invisible when a phone is placed on it, say an iPhone for instance. That being said, it has several functions besides just being a nice place to put your phone.
- A GPS on the windshield of your car
- A reference device on a white board
- The ability to mount your smart phone to a tripod to take photos or video
- The gift to keep your hands free while watching a movie on your smart phone
- A simple stand to keep your phone in view on your desk at work
- Many more applications, we can’t possibly write all of them down
Essentially, it pretty much does everything you’d ask of a smartphone stand and then some. Right now, the Oona is available through Kickstarter for $25 and because the project is fully funded, there isn’t a chance you won’t get it.
So, if you’ve been looking for a stand to suit all of your smartphone needs, the Oona just might be the stand you’ve been looking for.
The Oona Smartphone Stand
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.