I just got this in from the folks at Samwell International – an introduction to their Rugged Tablet PC. I’m waiting to get pricing and availability info from Samwell, but here is eveything I know so far, along with a link to their product PDF.
Samwell Ruggedbook tablet PC is designed to meet the mobile computing needs and form-factor requirements of on-the-go professionals. With IP54 rugged feature (shock resistance, vibration resistance, spill resistance, dust and dirt resistance, hot and damp resistance, magnesium enclosure) developed specially for the harsh environmental conditions and physical stress.
* Compact size : 284 x 209 x 63 mm with 4 bumpers
* 10.4″ XGA ( 1024×768) TFT ; outdoor sunlight readable supports (optional)
* Resistive or Dual Mode touch panel
* ULV Intel Pentium M Processor (1.1 GHz)
* RAM: 768 ~ 1280MB DDRII 400
* HDD: 2.5″ 40/80GB shock mounted
* OS: Windows XP Tablet PC edition
* Build-in WiFi 802.11 a/b/g, Bluetooth Class II
* Optional: GPRS/CDMA/GPS
* Meets IP54 standard and MIL-STD-810F
* Wide temperature range operability: -20 ~ 60 C
Ruggedbook took the best aspects of the Tablet PC technology and improved on them for high-performance mobile applications. Ideal for industries such as insurance, retail, field service, logistic, manufacturing, healthcare, car PC, hospitality, telecommunication, energy, public safety, law enforcement, military, homeland security and warehousing.