News and Updates:
- HP announces a new tablet, the tc4400, which is a convertible style device and apparently an update to the tc4200.
- Word 2007 is going to support blogging directly from within the application. And OneNote 2007 will, too.
- Updates are available for GeckoTip and Grab And Drag for Firefox users.
- The DualCor cPC will be shipping soon, but without WiFi or Bluetooth or 3G cell phone radios built in.
- A Korean company called NAVIsis has released an attachment that turns any monitor into a touchscreen.
- OrigamiProject.com has published a great article with tips and tricks for tweaking your UMPC.
- Sony has announced the Vaio UX, a micro PC that is not a UMPC.
- Samsung releases some performance numbers for their new hybrid flash memory / hard drives.
- Samsung has also announced the Q1-SSD UMPC which replaces the hard drive with a 32GB flash memory drive. It’s fast, but pricey.
- Microsoft has filed patents for using UMPCs to control home appliances.
- Microsoft has also released the beta 2 version of Office 2007, including Outlook 2007 and OneNote 2007 to the public.
- After the news and updates, I announce my own personal news: I’ve bought a new Tablet PC to replace my existing one.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.