Verizon’s 4G LTE rollout continues as the carrier brings its fast data network to more almost four dozen new markets today.
The latest rollout brings Verizon 4G LTE to 46 new markets across the country, including a number of small cities and at least a few college towns. The rollout also expands the 4G LTE network in 22 existing 4G LTE markets including New York City, Philadelphia, Denver, and Seattle.
The only downside is all of Verizon’s 4G LTE smartphones are Android phones. There’s a lot of choices among the Android phones from the Droid RAZR MAXX to the upcoming Galaxy S III, but users that want 4G LTE Windows Phones or iPhones on Verizon have to wait. (Although, everyone has to wait for a 4G LTE iPhone because Apple hasn’t announced such a phone yet.)
The network rollout will also help iPad WiFi + Cellular owners. Verizon new iPad users can finally take advantage of the super-fast 4G LTE data speeds in the new markets. The network will make using the iPad outside a WiFi area a lot nicer, but users should make sure they don’t accidentally run over their data caps.
Here’s a full list of the new 4G LTE markets:
- Florence, Ala.
- Harrison, Ark.
- Yuba City/Marysville, Calif.
- Panama City, Fla.
- Carrolton, Gainesville and Newnan, Ga.
- Blackfoot, Idaho
- Decatur/Effingham, Kankakee/Bradley-Bourbonnais and La Salle/Peru/Ottawa, Ill.
- Columbus and Michigan City/La Porte, Ind.; Greater Portland, Maine
- Greenville/Greenwood, Jackson and Tunica, Miss.
- Houghton and Traverse City, Mich.
- Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks and West Plains, Mo.
- Binghamton, Elmira/Corning/Hornell and Oneonta, N.Y.
- Burlington, Hickory/Lenoir, Jacksonville and New Bern, N.C.
- Bedford and Sharon/Farrell/Hermitage, Pa.; Anderson, Florence and Greenwood, S.C.
- Lufkin/Nacogdoches, Midland, San Angelo and Waco, Texas
- Danville, Va.
- Ashland, Ky./Huntington, W.Va. and Logan, W.Va.
- Fond du Lac, Janesville/Beloit and Sheboygan, Wis.
- Gillette, Wyo
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.