Verizon has announced that its 4G LTE network will surpass 300 total markets in the United States on June 21st after the carrier flips the switch on 46 new 4G LTE markets.
The carrier has confirmed that June 21st will be its next big 4G LTE roll out day and it’s a massive one. Verizon will turn on 4G LTE data in 46 markets and it will be expanding in 22 other markets that currently have 4G LTE data enabled.
This will mean that Verizon’s 4G LTE service will be available in over 300 markets across the U.S. AT&T, in comparison, currently has under 50 markets available to customers in the United States. 4G LTE offers data speeds that can reach up to 10 times faster than normal 3G data.
An example of these speeds can be seen in the video below which pits an AT&T 4G LTE third-generation iPad against one on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
Here is a full rundown of the cities that will be seeing 4G LTE data for the first time.
- Florence, Ala.; Harrison, Ark.
- Yuba City/Marysville, Calif.
- Panama City, Fla.
- Carrolton, Gainesville and Newnan, Ga.
- Blackfoot, Idaho
- Decatur/Effingham, Kankakee/Bradley-Bourbonnais and La Salle/Peru/Ottawa, Ill.
- Columbus and Michigan City/La Porte, Ind.
- Greater Portland, Maine; Greenville/Greenwood, Jackson and Tunica, Miss.
- Houghton and Traverse City, Mich.
- Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks and West Plains, Mo.
- Binghamton, Elmira/Corning/Hornell and Oneonta, N.Y.
- Burlington, Hickory/Lenoir, Jacksonville and New Bern, N.C.
- Bedford and Sharon/Farrell/Hermitage, Pa.
- Anderson, Florence and Greenwood, S.C.
- Lufkin/Nacogdoches, Midland, San Angelo and Waco, Texas
- Danville, Va.
- Ashland, Ky./Huntington, W.Va. and Logan, W.Va.
- Fond du Lac, Janesville/Beloit and Sheboygan, Wis.
- Gillette, Wyo.
Those are the markets that will see 4G LTE service beginning tomorrow. The 22 markets that will receive expanded service on June 21st include:
- Denver and Fort Collins/Loveland, Colo.
- Philadelphia., Pa.
- Wilmington, Del.
- Daytona Beach, Gainesville and West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Boise/Nampa, Idaho
- Chicagoland, Ill.
- Lafayette, Ind.
- Hammond, La.
- Springfield, Mo.
- Glens Falls and New York, N.Y.
- Charlotte/Gastonia and Greenville/Washington, N.C.
- Indiana, Pa. and Hagerstown, Md.
- Chambersburg, Pa.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Va.
- Seattle, Wash.
- Appleton/Oshkosh, Wis.
At the end of the day, Verizon’s 4G LTE network will be available in 304 markets in the U.S. which means customers in those 304 markets will be able to take full advantage of devices like the Motorola Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy S III which will be arriving in July.
Verizon says that its network will cover more than 400 markets by the end of 2012 and that it will complete its 4G LTE roll out by the end of 2013.