Verizon is going to be launching an extremely enticing data plan offer tomorrow that ties in with the launch of the Motorola Droid RAZR tomorrow at 11:11am. The offer is going to be for 4G data and it will double the amount of data that the carrier currently makes available for its tiered data plans. The offer is only going to be available for a limited time so if data is precious to you, the deal is worth taking a look at.
So, how does it work exactly? Well, Android Central has uncovered a handy little document that outlines just about everything you need to know if you’re thinking about pulling the trigger.
Here are the essential facts:
- All customer types are eligible including consumers, business and Verizon Wireless employees.
- Data is also doubled on packages with business email.
- New 4G LTE Smartphone activations and upgrades are eligible as well as existing customers on 4G LTE Smartphones.
- Customers can switch through My Verizon and My Business.
- Existing 4G LTE Smartphone customers will not be automatically moved to a double data feature code but can change to one.
- To avoid prorating, customers may future date the change to the start of their next bill cycle if the date is within the promotional period.
- Backdating prior to 11/8/11 is not available.
- 4G LTE Smartphone customers who make a price plan change or an ESN change during the promotional period will be asked to select one of the promotional options.
- Customers who order a 4G LTE Smartphone, including a DROID RAZR preorder, with a standard usage based data package prior to 11/8/11 and activate during the promotional period will receive promotional pricing.
So, yes, new customers, upgrading customers and current customers are all eligible. Still wondering how it breaks down, exactly? Well, let’s do that then.Verizon has three data tiers and this is how this offer affects them.
- Current: 2GB/mo for $30 After Promo: 4GB/mo for $30
- Current: 5GB/mo for $50 After Promo: 10GB/mo for $50
- Current: 10GB/mo for $80 After Promo: 20GB/mo for $80
Pretty good, right? If you stream media on your phone – Netflix, Hulu Plus, or if you do a lot of downloading, you’ll definitely want to think about taking Big Red up on its offer.
Unfortunately, Verizon doesn’t say how long this will last for so you’re probably better off signing up as soon as you possibly can rather than waiting.
And, if you’re not keen on using up that much data, Verizon will also have a $20/mo for 300MB of data available as well.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want...
3 Reasons to Buy the Apple Watch 5 & 2 Reasons Not To
There are great reasons to buy the Apple Watch 5 right now, but there are also important reasons to wait...