Today at Computex 2007 in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA revealed the distributors (ODMs), that will bring the new VIA UMPC to market, are Packard Bell (initially in Europe by August) and Everex (in USA).
For the unit in general, the module bay to the right of the display can accommodate a choice of functional modules via a USB interface:
- Time Clock
- Bluetooth VOIP “handset”
- 3G wireless
- TV Tuner Module
For the Packard Bell unit (name is reportedly either EasyBook XS or EasyNote XS) we have some feature details:
- All black color
- First launch in Europe by August
- Webcam module (to right of display)
- No touch screen
- Build quality is very nice
For the Everex model (unknown name):
- Everex sells notebooks at aggressive prices at locations like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Circuit City
- Launch in the USA
- Price at $600
- Will have touch screen
- Allows the module concept for the module bay to the right of the screen
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...