This was a busy week for smartphones and tablets with Google I/O 2011 and a collection of other announcements. In case you missed the news and reviews, we have rounded up the most popular items for you to digest quickly. We also have our top picks for notebook reviews and news to give you some afternoon reading.
Smartphone and Tablet News for the week of May 13th
- Samsung Droid Charge Launches May 13th
The Droid Charge will finally launch on May 14th. Saturday is an odd day to launch a phone, but it’s been confirmed by Verizon.
- Can the Verizon 4G Network Handle More Phones
The 4G LTE network has experienced growing pains, is it ready for more devices?
- Verizon Answers 4G LTE Network, Device Questions…Sort Of…
Chuong gets answers, about the ability of Verizon’s 4G network to handle more devices
- The cost of switching from Android to iPhone
Kevin explores how much it costs to switch from Android to iPhone in part 3 of his switching series.
- Will an Amazon Tablet Succeed?
Hugo Ortega explores what it will take for Amazon to bring a viable tablet to market.
- Netlfix Launches on Android
Netflix lands on five Android devices. Find out if yours is one of the few supported devices.
- Google I/O 2011 Roundup
All the big Android news from Google I/O
- Google’s ChromeBook Shakes Up the Status Quo with Offline Access
Warner looks at what it means for Google to deliver offline access on the Chromebooks
- Motion Computing CL900 Tablet PC Goes on Sale
The Motion Computing CL900 Tablet Pc is now available for purchase.
- Google Aims to Succeed Where Microsoft Has Failed
Sumocate explores Google’s new strategy.
- The Best iPad and iPad 2 Apps [May 2011]
Our top iPad and iPad 2 apps for gaming, productivity, photography, productivity and entertainment.
- Google Confirms New Nexus Device Is Coming
A Nexus 3, or some yet to be determined name will grace the next Nexus device which was confirmed by Andy Rubin of Google.
- Google Confirms New Nexus Device Is Coming
Photoshop lands on the iPad in the form of three apps – Adobe Eazel, Adobe Nav and Adobe Color Lava
New Notebook for the Week of May 13th
- HP EliteBook 2560p Combines Optical Drive and Small Form Factor (video)
The new HP EliteBook 2560p brings an optical drive to the small 12.5″ form factor.
- HP EliteBook 2760p Tablet Announced
HP adds Sandy Bridge processors to the Elitebook convertible tablet and keeps the 16:10 aspect ratio and 12.1″ display.
- HP ProBook 5330m Arrives with Consumer Features
Hp’s new probook brings Beats Audio and other consumer features to enterprise users. Hands on Video.
- HP Mini 210 Gets Beats Audio and New Look
Hands on Video of the new HP Mini 210 netbook with Beats audio and a slight design change.
- The HP Pavilion dv4 Gets Updated (Video)
Hands on with the new HP Pavilion dv4 which will provide an option of Intel and AMD processors.
- HP Envy 14 Updated to Sandy Bridge and Gains a New Trackpad
The popular HP Envy 14 gets Sandy Bridge Intel processors and a new trackpad with an image sensor, but no new high-res display.
Notebook News for the Week of May 13th
- Samsung and Acer Google Chromebooks Launch June 15th: Details, Specs & Pricing
Google Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer are announced with a June release date. You can purchase outright or if you need 10 or more units, lease starting at $20 a month for schools and $28 a month for busineses.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Arrives May 17th: Struts Thin & Rugged Design (video)
Video of the ThinkPad X1 ultraportable arrives and shows off the rugged nature of this ultrathin notebook.
- Panasonic Announces Toughbook 53 w/ Sandy Bridge and Updates Toughbook 52 Rugged Notebooks
Panasonic introduces a new business rugged notebook in the Toughbook line with Sandy Bridge processors.
- Dell Precision M4600 and M6600 Available For Sale With Speedy New Promo (Video)
A look at what some customers can do with the powerful mobile workstations from Dell, which are now available for purchase.
Notebook, Tablet and Accessory Reviews for May 2011
- GBM InkShow: ARMOR X7 Rugged Tablet PC – “Tough Enough”
Sumocat reviews the rougth and tumble ARMOR X7 Rugged Tablet in a GBM Inkshow. Watch it now. You know you want to!
- HP ProBook 6560b Review
Check out this business class notebook from HP. Designed for the mobile professional this notebook doesn’t disappoint.
- Toshiba Satellite E305 Blue Label 3.0 Review
The Toshiba Satellite E305 takes home an Eidtor’s Choice Award for overall value and performance. Definitely one of the hottest consumer notebooks of 2011.
- Antec soundscience rockus Speakers Offer Good Affordable Sound
Kevin reviews a nice set of speakers that can go from your desk to the backyard and kick out enough sound to handle a outdoor movie this summer.
- Verbatim Tuff-N-Tiny USB Drive is Both Tuff and Tiny (Rugged USB Drive)
Kevin reviews a small thumbdrive that can take a beating without losing your data.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want...
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13.4.1 & 11 Reasons You Should
The iOS 13.4.1 update is a small point release, but it could have a huge impact on your iPhone’s performance. While...