We also announced a reader meetup for June 3rd in San Francisco where you can come out for a chance to meet up with GottaBeMobile writers and other top tech blogs and influencers in the Bay Area. You also have a chance to win a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and one of 5 Galaxy S phones. Only 400 tickets are available so sign up today.
Smartphone and Tablet News for the week of May 20th
- New Facts About the Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 Slate
Sumocat finds out why Fujitsu (and everyone) is choosing N-Trig for their 10″ tablets, how Intel AppUp plays into their strategy, just how swappable that battery is, and what mobile broadband providers it supports.
- Bill Gates Says “The PC Is The Tablet”. Is He Right?
Is the every tablet a PC? What about smartphones?
- HTC Sensation Details, Review & Hands-On Video Roundup
Everything you need to know about the HTC Sensation which was formerly known as the HTC Pyramid.
- HP TouchPad Coming Soon to Best Buy
Best Buy looks to be getting the HP TouchPad soon.
- One Droid X Owner Gets Gingerbread Update Pushed Out Early
It looks like Verizon Wireless may have already begun to push out the Android 2.3 update for some owners of the original Motorola Droid X.
- Android 2.3 Update List: Phones That Won’t Be Getting Gingerbread
Roundup of some of the more popular devices that have officially been shunned by Gingerbread.
Notebook and Accessory Reviews for May 20th
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Review
If you are interested in the ThinkPad X1, check out our monster review with loads of great photos and videos. This is the notebook you should ask your IT guy for.
- Dell Latitude E5420 Review
If you want a sturdy business notebook then you have to check out the E5420. It is rock solid and comes with a nice 14″ display.
- OWC Auro Pro Express 480GB SSD Review
Need more space on your MacBook Air? Check out this pricey MacBook Air SSD Upgrade and how to. Assuming you have $1,500 to spare.
- Razer Orochi Bluetooth Gaming Mouse Review: Close to Perfect
Need a mobile mouse for gaming? Kevin finds a good one.
- Logitech V470 Bluetooth Laser Mouse Review
Kevin also looks at a cheaper, Bluetooth laser mouse from Logitech, which fits the bill for most users.
Smartphone Reviews for May 20th
- Droid Incredible 2 Review (Video) – Verizon Wireless
Can the new Droid Incredible 2 deliver a worthy replacement to the dated Incredible and compete with 4G smartphones like the HTC ThunderBolt and Droid Charge? Read our Droid Incredible 2 Review to find out.
- Casio G’zOne Commando Review (Video) – Verizon Wireless
The Casio G’zOne Commando is designed for adventurers and contractors. Watch us abuse this phone to see how it handles cold and water.
- Motorola Droid X2 Hands On (Video) – Verizon Wireless
The Droid X2 arrives in stores on May 26th, check out our hands on video and comparisons to the HTC ThunderBolt.
New Notebooks for the Week of May 20th
- Toshiba Qosmio X770 & X770 3D Gaming Notebooks Previewed
Toshiba is bringing a new Qosmio gaming notebook to the states soon. You need to check out the hot looks of this notebook.
- 1080P HD Screen Options Come to HP Pavilion dv6t and dv7t Notebooks
HP is adding 1080P HD screen options to select Pavilion notebooks.
- Samsung 9 Series 11″ Notebook Hits U.S. with Core i3 and High Pricetag
The smaller 11.6″ Samsung 9 Series lands stateside, can it compete with the MacBook Air?
- Dell XPS 15z Ultrathin 15.6″ Notebook Coming Soon With Sexy Curves, USB 3.0 & Sandy Bridge
Dell is set to show off the thinnest 15″ notebook soon. Check out this teaser video to whet your appetite.
Notebook News for the Week of May 20th
- Buy a Windows 7 Notebook over $699, Get a Free Xbox 360 4G: Back To School Promo
Microsoft is offering up a free Xbox 360 4GB with the purchase of any Windows 7 notebook over $699 from select retailers.
- Five Reasons the Apple Store Surprise Might be a New MacBook
Apple has big plans for the Weekend. We cover 5 reasons why it might be a new MacBook.
- Seagate GoFlex Satellite Wireless Hard Drive Syncs and Streams Content
The new Seagate GoFlex Wireless Syncs and Streams Content to your computers and wirelessly to the iPad.
- Apple Back-to-School Promotion Starts Next Week: Free iPod Nano with MacBook, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
Apple will begin offering a free iPod Nano with the purchase of a MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air next week.