The latest iPad ad from Apple premiered this weekend reminding us that, “We’ll Always,” want to do the things we love and that the iPad is the perfect device to help us do them, even if the way we do them will, “never be the same.”
According to Apple, the new ad shows that, “We’ll never stop doing the things we love, but with the iPad we’ll do them in amazing new ways.”
The over the shoulder camera style helps drive home the fact that this could be the way you use the iPad. Check out our iPad 2 review for more about what you can do with the iPad.
As you watch the new iPad ad, you’ll notice all the things you can do with the “magical” tablet.
- Looking at pictures and sharing memories.
- Getting lost in a good book.
- Cooking dinner.
- Cheer for our favorite team.
- Attend meetings.
- Make home movies.
- Learn new things.
Apple iPad 2 – We’ll Always Commercial
The actual text from the new iPad ad is,
“We’ll never stop sharing our memories. Or getting lost in a good book. We’ll always cook dinner and cheer for our favorite team. We’ll still go to meetings, make home movies, and learn new things. But how we do all this will never be the same.”
Apple has hit the nail on the head with this commercial. It shows many of our favorite activities in an easy to understand way. Here are some of the ways we use our iPad’s to do the things we love.
- Sharing photos on the iPad and on Eye Fi Center.
- Reading our favorite books on the Kindle app, even though we can’t get Harry Potter on the iPad yet.
- Cooking dinner with Epicurious, Betty Crocker or Weight Watchers; or grilling with our iPad.
- Cheering for our favorite team with apps like MLB at Bat, Tour de France and MLS MatchDay 2011, NBA Gametime and NFL Sunday Ticket.
- Using Evernote and handwriting apps to wrangle paper and save money.
- Making home movies in iMovie.
- Discovering new places, facts and learning about virtually any subject with thousands of apps for all ages.
While you can do some of these activities on Android tablets, you would think Apple had exclusive access if you watch the geeked out commercials for Verizon tablets, which talk about GHz and 4G. Samsung has gotten close with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 commercials and Toshiba a bit closer with the Thrive Android Tablet commercial, but neither leaves a person out of the equation and shows viewers what they can really do with the tablet.
Apple has perfected commercials that make you feel as if you are using the iPad. Fortunately, there is no patent on this idea, so tablet competitors should start incorporating similar ideas into their ads. Good marketing won’t make up for less than stellar Android OS support, but it can help show the average user what Android tablets can really do.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...