There are three Spider-Man editions you can buy for the PS4. This guide will help you decide which one is best for you and identify the pre-order bonuses you need to know about if you plan to buy the game.
You’ll need to pay close attention to the Spider-Man PS4 edition you buy since one of the upgrades is only available digitally, and you won’t be able to get as many deals on it.
The Spider-Man PS4 special editions include real world collectibles as well as the Spider-Man PS4 DLC that will come after the game is out.
Here’s how the Spider-Man PS4 editions compare, and which one you should consider buying.
Spider-Man PS4 Standard Edition – $59.99
The base game is $59.99 and you can buy it on disk or digitally. If you buy this version you can find more deals thanks to Amazon Prime and Gamers Club Unlocked which drop the price to $48. Even with the standard version of the game you get a decent amount of bonus items — if you pre-order.
- Spidey Suit Pack – Gain instant in-game access to three suits that alter your appearance and unlock new suit abilities
- 5 Extra Skill Points – Get a head start on your web slinging experience by having skill points to unlock abilities from the start of the game like active finishers, web grab or faster web swinging
- Early Unlock of a Spider-Drone Gadget. Unleash a mobile Spider-Drone to distract and web your enemies
- Spider-Man PS4 Custom Theme – Customize your PS4 with artwork from legendary comic book artist Adi Granov
- Spider-Man PSN Avatar – Represent your PSN profile online with the bold White Spider Icon
This is the edition that most people should buy. It’s great to get a deal on the DLC with the Digital Deluxe edition, but we don’t know enough about how much they will support the game, or what the DLC costs as a standalone.
Spider-Man PS4 Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99
This is a special digital only version of the Spider-Man PS4 game that you can only get digitally.
With this you get all of the pre-order bonuses listed above, plus the Spider-Man DLC.
This includes three stories in Marvel’s Spider-Man including “The City That Never Sleeps” and a physical pin mailed to you.
If you plan to live in this game for a while, and want new content after you beat the original game, this is a good option to get, but we don’t know what the price for the standalone DLC is, so it’s hard to say if you are actually saving by buying up front.
Spider-Man PS4 Collector’s Edition – $149.99
For hardcore Spider-Man fans, the Spider-Man Collector’s Edition on PS4 is tempting. This includes everything you get in the above editions, including the DLC. The extra items are;
- Steelbook case featuring the iconic white spider
- Mini Artbook from Titan Books
- Marvel’s Spider-Man statue by Gentle Giant
We don’t know what the statue looks like yet, since showing it off would include a spoiler according to the developers.
This is a good version to buy if you love Spider-Man items and want to add to your collection. If there is a good chance these will end up in a closet, skip the expensive upgrade and spend it on another game.
Spider-Man PS4 Disk or Digital?
It makes sense to buy the Spider-Man PS4 digitally if you want the DLC and don’t care about the big bonus items, or if you want the standard edition and you don’t want to switch disks.
Most buyers should consider the standard edition on disk, which can be found for 20% off for Amazon Prime members or Gamers Club Unlocked members.
If you are all about Spider-Man and you love the collectibles, you need to buy the physical Collector’s Edition.