Global-Laptop-Batteries.com features a few excellent tips for customers that have purchased the 9-cell battery for the MSI Wind. The 9-cell battery, rumored to get 8 hours+ of life, currently sells for US $79.80. They’re also selling 6-cell Acer Aspire One batteries for US $68.60. Check out their tips to get the most out of your battery:
- Your new 9 cell MSI wind Battery comes in a discharged condition and must be charged before use (refer to your computer manual for charging instructions). Upon initial use (or after a prolonged storage period) the battery may require two to three charge/discharge cycles before achieving maximum capacity.
- When charging 9 cell MSI wind Battery for the first time your computer may indicate that charging is complete after just 10 or 15 minutes. This is a normal phenomenon with rechargeable batteries. Simply remove the battery from the computer and repeat the charging procedure.
- It is important to condition (fully discharge and then fully charge) 9 cell MSI wind Battery every two to three weeks. Failure to do so may significantly shorten the battery’s life (this does not apply to Li-ion batteries, which do not require conditioning). To discharge, simply run your device under the battery’s power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in your user’s manual.
- If MSI U100 Battery will not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that it be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
- It is normal for 9 cell MSI wind Battery to become warm during charging and discharging.
- A charged 9 cell MSI wind Battery will eventually lose its charge if unused. It may therefore be necessary to recharge the battery after a storage period.
How much life is your 9-cell battery providing, and have these tips helped maximize your computing time?
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.