There are few applications that utilize the power of ink better than the MathJournal tool from xThink. Math on a keyboard is minimal at best, but the addition of the pen to diagramming and solving extremely complicated math problems makes for a very intuitive process.
Well, xThink has released their version 2.0 today. Here are a couple of quick bullet points from their PDF press release
xThink has released Version 2.0 of MathJournalTM, a user-friendly, powerful math tool for the Tablet PC. The release introduces many features derived from customer wish lists:
- Major expansion (75%) of the library of math functions, including functions for statistics and matrix math, and operations with scalars, complex numbers, vectors, and matrices.
- Even better recognition of handwritten, two-dimensional math expressions
- More math symbols, including Greek letters and operators, such as summation and product
- Streamlined user interface, including context menus
- Enhanced MathML (for typeset math output)
- Console control to enable keyboard-based math
Teresa Shu of xThink also sent us a couple of Camtasia videos of the product in action. Even if you are not a mathematics afficionado, you will enjoy viewing these quick videos of a pen doing math!
We would love to see a 3rd party review done of this product, but none of us here at GottaBeMobile.com feel we are math savvy enough to do one! Anyone out there interested in doing a review to be published on GBM? Email us at infoatgottabemobile.com if interested.
Also, a GottaBeMobile.com reader (anonymous, even to us :-)), has donated a copy of MathJournal 2.0 to be used in a contest as a giveaway! Stay tuned over the next couple of days for how you can win a copy of this new release!
6 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons To Wait
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...