Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept Froyo Update Coming April 11th
According to texts being sent to device owners, Virgin Mobile fully expects the update to be rolling out starting April 11th. The message states:
The Froyo Update for the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept is finally coming out on Monday the 11th! VMFreeMsg: Starting 4/11/11, you will be notified of a phone software upgrade available for your Intercept. Click http://msg4u.us/isr for more information.
So, that means that on April 11th, Samsung Intercept owners will not only be getting Android 2.2 Froyo but also:
- Exchange Active Sync updates
- ability to install applications to external memory card
- improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice dialing
- improved operating system performance
- dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen
If you own an Intercept, go ahead and circle next Monday on your calendars in pencil.
(via Android Central)