HTC ThunderBolt Update Now Available
Verizon originally announced that the OTA update would begin to roll out starting May 4th, however soon after, the carrier delayed it and put up a ‘Coming Soon’ message on the HTC ThunderBolt update support page.
HTC ThunderBolt owners will want to manually check for the update today and select Settings > Software > Check New. You should see a prompt that will allow you to install a 35MB file that should only take a few minutes to get up and running.
As a reminder, here is what the ThunderBolt update brings to the table:
- Enhance data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.)
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.
Anyone out there got this up and running? How is 3G?