Netflix App for Android Arrives for Three More Devices

Back on May 12th, Netflix rolled out their Android application to thunderous applause from some smartphone owners and a loud chorus of boos from others. You see, it has only been available for a select few Android devices with Netflix promising support for more in the future. Well, the company has made good on its promise and has brought Netflix support to three more Android devices.

Netflix

In addition to the HTC Incredible, HTC Nexus One, HTC EVO 4G, HTC G2, and Samsung Nexus S, the application now supports the original Motorola Droid, the newly released LG Revolution and the recently reviewed LG G’zOne Commando.

And while that’s great news for owners of those three devices, it still leaves some pretty popular phones out in the cold, phones like the HTC ThunderBolt, the Samsung Droid Charg, the Motorola Droid X, the Motorola Droid X2, the Droid 2, and the list goes on.

However, it appears that Netflix is rolling the app out to new Android phones pretty quickly here so it should only be a matter of time before we see it arrive for some of the other popular devices. For those that can’t wait, there is a workaround that allows you to get Netflix up and running on your unsupported device right now.

If you have a supported device, you can find the Netflix app here.

Comments

1. Loren_diedrich says

I had it for HTC Evo, been using it for a month no problems, then it just disappeared! What’s the deal! :(

• Halojose says

I know i had that app also for my evo and it disappeared. Its not even in the market. Does anybody know what happened. Or is it coming back?

2. Gturley says

I had a version on my Droid X that wouldn’t allow me to watch anything but I could update my queue. I updated the app over the weekend and I can now watch shows but can no longer update my queue…not to worried about the queue…thanks Netflix!

3. Mvieyra75 says

What happened to the netflix app. For the HTC EVO? Noooooo. Got a replacements phone now o can’t find it . Please fix

4. Justforthespam says

SPRINT EVO4G CUSTOMERS WERE ROOTING THEIR PHONES AND GETTING FREE APPS LIKE THE HOTSPOT ETC. AND SPRINT MADE AN UPDATE TO STOP THAT . THAT UPDATE KICKED OUT NETFLIX. BUT NETFLIX IS WORKING ON IT

5. Darkn3ss_f187 says

I have the HTC EVO and now I have problems I don’t see my netflix app no more fix the problem please

6. Darkn3ss_f187 says

7. Netmonster says

My evo is the same way. Updated it a few days ago. I can launch the app, but can’t play any movies. Wtf sprint, netflix, HTC someone fix it.

8. Tommythompson says

Disappointed there is not supported by the thunderbolt from Verizon. Anytime soon?

9. ErikjEstrada says

As far as I know, based on the information on the web, Sprint and Netflix are working on this issue and supposingly a new update for the EVO will resolve this issue. I urge everyone to be patient and not to delete the app from your phones right away. As if now, it will not appear on the Android Market until it is up and ready.