HTC EVO 4G Update Rolling Out June 20th, Will Fix Netflix

Update: The update that fixes Netflix has begun to roll out.

HTC EVO 4G owners have been dealing with a broken Netflix application since the arrival of Android 2.3 Gingerbread back on June 3rd. It appears that the nightmare is going to end soon as an OTA update is scheduled to roll out in just a couple of days on June 20th which will apparently fix the compatibility issue that the device has been plagued with.

EVO 4G

Android Police has obtained a graphic that clearly shows an OTA update planned for June 20th. Unfortunately, there is always the possibility that the update could get pushed back – it happens with these things – so keep those fingers crossed that the 20th is indeed the day this arrives.

Along with fixing Netflix, it’s also going to fix a hearing aid compatibility issue as well as voicemail notifications, both of which became busted after the EVO 4G was bumped to Gingerbread.

So, there you have it. Five more days without Netflix. Can you guys survive?

Comments

1. [email protected] says

Its not just the Evolution. My Samsung Nexus S was streaming Netflix FLAWLESSLY without ever buffering. Then that shizz bricked Netflix on my phone.

2. Jeff says

Same here, im on 2.2 Froyo and it was working fine, now i get errors saying device isnt allowed to use the service or some such thing.  Was working for weeks and then  one day in middle of a movie, it kicks me out, i restart the app and it wont let me stream movies, just like before the Evo was offically supported and it wouldnt let you stream, same error.

3. Rideout99 says

Doesn’t surprise me at all, I just hope its fixed by the time I get back to work. God forbid I have to do any work.

• sup? says

right, at least fix netflix.  how the hell else am i supposed to watch Higlander 3, Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus or Voltron while I’m suppsed to be working?

• sup? says

4. Justinbaker says

NC –No update! 4:15 pm    Called Sprint they cannot inform me of a update. Only to try to manual force a update.  Damn Internet Rumors!

5. Chris Payne says

I got the update this morning…. I’m not sure if it was something related to the update, if it’s related to my Monaco 3500mAh Extended Battery, or what…. but my battery will not charge today and it’s draining REALLY fast. By this time of day my extended battery should still be at around 70% but it’s at about 25%. When I plug it into my laptop the LED lights up, the phone says it’s charging, I can even mount it and access the SD card…. but the battery is not charging.

Has anyone experienced this? I’ve heard of the Micro USB port issues but my port is not lose and my phone recognizes that it’s plugged in and it says that it’s charging…. it’s just…. I don’t know…. lying.

6. Alexmirabal says

Thats not all, voice to text also got waxed with ginger stupid bread, and vevo app!!

7. Robbyroden says

I haven’t had Netflix since PS3 network went down. Google cloud crap doesn’t work. Can’t tether my phone to tablet without paying $30 a month. Yahoo lost all my contacts. Ipad can’t use flash. Why. F-ing why!