Samsung Galaxy S II Coming to AT&T on September 18th
Unlike Sprint, AT&T is going to be keeping the Samsung Galaxy S II name when its device arrives on September 18th. Another difference is that the AT&T model is going to be the only Galaxy S II sporting a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display which should please those of you who are weary of a smartphone boasting a 4.5-inch display. I’m with you on that.
AT&T didn’t announce the pricing of their variant either but I think it’s safe to assume that it will probably land somewhere around the $199 price tag that Sprint put on its version of the Galaxy S II.
So now, let’s get to the specifications. When we first saw all three models leak out, I told you that the AT&T model was my favorite – form factor wise – and after seeing all three up close, I think I am going to keep that opinion.
AT&T’s model is going to be the thinnest model, sitting at 8.89mm in the thinnest spot and it will arrive with a host of other features including:
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)
So, no 4G LTE folks. But again, it does have a 4.3-inch screen instead of a 4.5+ inch display and it will easily be the best Android phone available on AT&T. If you’re not interested in an iPhone 5, this looks like it’s going to be the device to get on Ma Bell.