Droid Incredible 2 Android 2.3.4 Update Available Now

While HTC ThunderBolt owners still wait for their upgrade to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Droid Incredible 2 owners are now being treated to their second rendition of Google’s software as it appears that the device’s Android 2.3.4 update is now available to pull manually. It’s a 32MB file, so it’s not a game changer, but it will be bring a few new improvements to your device.

Oh, and it’s going to frustrate the heck out of ThunderBolt owners, I’m sure.

For those of you that own a Droid Incredible 2, the main improvements include improved server connections for email and Mail, that’s a big plus, as well as improvements to sending and receiving messages while roaming.

Droid Incredible 2

Here’s the full list:

• Improved server connections for email synchronization and Mail application stability.
  • Increased stability of Visual Voice Mail application.
  • Ability to dial the “+1” prefix when roaming internationally in CDMA markets.
  • Option to set Data roaming for “all trips” or for “individual trips”.
  • Improvements in sending/receiving messages while roaming.

So, you’ll want to check and see if your phone has the update and you can do so by going into your Settings.

Via: Android Central

Comments

1. Anonymous says

yeeesss……..,,..@,,,,
    I just got a $827.89 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HTV for only $251.92, they are both coming tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prîces at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37″ HTV to my boss for $600 that I only paid $78.24 for. I use http://alturl.com/9odwf

2. Kyle Schwartz says

Verizon HTC thunderbolt owner here… I would just like to say to verizon and HTC that I would MUCH rather have a STABLE release of gingerbread that is a little late. As opposed to a buggy release that A: has random reboots (Thunderbolt first OTA update), B: can’t receive text messages (HTC incredible1 with GB OTA upgrade), or other nasty issues. In other words; better late and good, than quick and buggy.

• Peytondpc says

and plus it couldnt be much longer because they promissed to released it befor the end of the month and we only have 8 more days left in this month so the update should be coming next week. and i really hope the update includes scense 3.0

3. Jbk7890 says

Why are they building phones that can’t run software that most of the old phones and most of the newer phones and most of the newest phones can run?  Is it Verizon’s crap-ware or is it deficiencies in the Thunderbolt design?  Me, I’m going to iPhone next time.  Every iPhone owner I talk to loves their iPhone.  What is wrong with Android – so many versions, so many problems?

• Dreamfragments1 says

It’s because there’s so many different brands of phones running the Android OS, while only one for iOS, the iPhone.

4. Jbk7890 says