HTC ThunderBolt Gingerbread Update Leaks Out Again
HTC has promised HTC ThunderBolt owners on Verizon an upgrade to Gingerbread before the end of September and as it stands, we are getting dangerously close to the end of the month. And that’s what makes this next little tidbit so exciting. The ThunderBolt’s Gingerbread update has leaked out before, but this time, we’re right around the promised roll out date which means this could be the final build and if not, very close to it.
So what we have here is the ThunderBolt’s 2.11.605.2 RUU courtesy of someone named Pig Benis. I kid you not. The leakster himself (herself?) is unaware if this is the final build or not so keep that in mind before you take the plunge.
If you want to dive in, here are the instructions courtesy of Android Police:
- Download this: (MD5: c5dad342bc39a9ee556b80e4d0c266420).
- Rename the file to “PG05IMG.zip” (without quotes)
- Drop it on the root of your SD Card
- Turn off your device
- Hold Volume Down + Power to reboot into the bootloader — the file should automatically be detected and the flashing process will begin.
- Wait for your device to complete the process and reboot
A couple of things to keep in mind before you flash this. This RUU will wipe all of the data from your phone. Back everything up, folks. You’ll also lose your root. And lastly, bad things like your ThunderBolt getting bricked might happen. That being said, install at your own risk.
Be sure to let us know how it works out.