Droid Bionic Bug Fix Update Now Available

We’ve gotten a few tips that indicate that the Motorola Droid Bionic bug fix update, the one that should fix a ton of the device’s issues, is currently live and is rolling out to users right now. (We’re seeing numerous reports as well.) It should be available for download if you just head to your Settings and Check for Update. From there, you’ll be prompted to download it and it should only be a matter of minutes before you’re up to speed.

A few of you were able to get the software on board your Droid Bionic before the mass roll out and from what we’ve heard, everything is running pretty smooth. That’s fantastic news.

This update has been a long time coming.

Droid Bionic

The Droid Bionic has been out since the beginning of September and users have been dealing with a number of issues since then.

So now that this has rolled out, all eyes are likely on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Next year folks, next year.

Comments

1. Leg1two says

I’m still having the BSOD. Happened twice since the update. Went to Verizon. 2 minute conversation. Oh never heard of that issue with the Bionic. Really? Not here to bash. Just want a phone that works. Anyone else?

2. 124 says

Have had data connection loss at least one time since the update as well… epic fail Motorola.

3. Jefflongs1985 says

phone was working fine the first few hours after I received the update …now when the phone is idle doesn’t want to go on 3g or 4g anyone else having this problem??

• Ptmontana11 says

Yes, I’m having this issue. I spend more damn time shutting down the phone just so I can get my 3g to work. AND the update did nothing at all to resolve the BSOD issue.

4. One Dren says

Were do all of u guys live at im in California nd still no update available i called verizon nd motorolla nd they cant help for shit they keep saying soon but i get nothing

• Lrvaught says

I am ca. Got update a couple of days ago, camera is faster but 3g and 4g still comes and goes

5. POS says

Having the same problem. Text messages randomly do not go through signal at one or two bars. NO DATA… I gave droids a chance.. back to IPhone..