Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich Update Hits Tester Phones

The Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX texts may not be legitimate, but it looks like the Droid RAZR Ice Cream Sandwich release date is closer than previously thought.

The Droid RAZR Ice Cream Sandwich Build 6.16.211 update is rolling out to testers according to Droid Life.

This update is the most recent version of Android 4.0 for the Droid RAZR and if no major issues are found, it could roll out to Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners by the end of June.

Droid RAZR Ice Cream Sandwhich Tester Release date

Tester builds of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid RAZR point to release date in the near future.

Verizon and Motorola deliver tester updates to test for bugs and network issues before a roll out to the public. If this leak is the real version of Ice Cream Sandwich or the Droid RAZR it will make its way to Motorola Feedback Network members and then see a public release date soon after.

Update: The tester update is also arriving to the Droid RAZR MAXX.

Motorola promised the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX by the end of Q2, which ends on June 30th.

Motorola has released several videos showing the new features and navigation on the Droid RAZR running Android 4.0, shown in the video below.

A version of this update may is available on droidrazr.com for those looking to flash it early, but it may be worth waiting for the official Droid RAZR ice Cream Sandwich release date.

This is good news for Droid RAZR & Droid RAZR MAXX owners who can’t stand to wait any longer for the Android 4.0 update.

Comments

1. Spinklebink says

So…your not even going to bother mentioning you were wrong with the earlier article?

2. Fred says

I love how people blame the author for Verizon’s foot dragging. I think we’re just about there.

3. Hardy says

would be nice to see a video that I could understand!! Why not English, would have been nice… just sayin…

4. john says

I WILL BE FUCKING DAMNED IM NOT WAITING 12 MORE FUCKING STUPID SHITTY DAYS FOR A FUCKING UPDATE TO ARRIVE THIS WEEK IS ALL I CAN HANDLE >.<

5. Josh says

DISCUSSION SUBJECT:

Ics soak test issues

COMMENT:

I downloaded the Ics soak test today and it completed. However when my phone rebooted, after it said welcome to Ics 4.0.4 it was still gingerbread 2.3.6. When I check for a software update now it says I am up to date. I recently restored my phone to stock gingerbread after I failed on a custom rom. My midi number may be different? My phone is not rooted. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I didn’t know where to

6. Jonathan says

I find it funny that this article mentions that the ICS update was rolled out to testers, but the original article that they site for the information clearly says that it is a leak. This is not a soak test, it is a leak using the Cheesecake app method.

• Jonathan says

And when did this invite arrive? Before this was published? If you actually read what I said or followed the link to the article the author cited you maybe wouldn’t be defending this particular article.

• Jonathan says

I think you are misunderstanding me. I’m not saying the roll out is not happening, or that you did not get an invite. At the time if the posting of this article, the source for the information provided did not say that the roll out was happening. The author of this article took the information way out of context. Seriously follow the link to the original article and you will see what I mean.

7. lord farqua says

I love how this fuck tries to hunt my ip down. Fustrating isn’t it lol. Hey anyway isn’t it funny to see a grown schmuck stomping his feet say “thats it im tired of waiting” lol really? You little bitch suck it up. Cause yo ass is still waiting. LoL

8. TIM says

droid razr maxx ice cream sandwich update failed I GOT A POP UP SAYING OK OR CANCEL UPDATE I TAPPED OK AND IT WENT AWAY AND NOTHING HAPPEND AND A CO WORKER HAD THE SAME MINUTES LATER SAME RESULTS

9. meswansonusa says

Well i got my Much anticipated DROID 4.0 ICS. Have been exploring it for two days now. My impressions? Big yadeeda deal! A few new screens, a new look here and there, you can now do this and that…….. Big freekin deal! Major letdown for all the hype. If you don’t have it yet it is not worth any emotional fits of feeling left out. No biggie!

10. Anon says

Updated to ICS on Droid Razr Maxx. Is anyone else noticing their battery doesn’t last as long?

11. Dom says

I have the DROID RAZR which I updated to ice cream sandwich last week. Big mistake, my phone jumps back and forth between 3G & 4G. My signal is almost always non existent. The volume for the ringer and the phone are truned up to max and you can barely hear either. I went to the verizon store and they told me they are know issues with no fix available. This is a nightmare