HTC Desire S Ice Cream Sandwich Update Still Slated for August

The HTC Desire S Ice Cream Sandwich update roll out still looks to be on track for August, though, a specific release date remains unclear.

HTC, on its Facebook page, confirmed the welcomed news to an HTC Desire S owner who was inquiring about the availability of the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Desire S.

The company says that it still hopes to update the Desire S with Ice Cream Sandwich before the end of the month, however, it is coy on exactly what day owners might expect the software to roll out.

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 2.55.37 PM

The Desire S ICS update is still slated for August.

HTC also says that while it still plans to get the update out during the month of August, it will alert customers if it hears anything new about the status of the update. This is course leaves open the possibility of the update arriving later than this month, something that would obviously frustrate Desire S owners.

The status of the HTC Desire S ICS update remains unchanged on HTC’s website.

Desire S owners got a bit of a scare last month when HTC abruptly canceled the ICS update for the HTC Desire HD. After promising Android 4.0 for both the Desire HD and Desire S, HTC took a 180 degree turn and decided to cancel the ICS update for the Desire HD.

That decision, fortunately does not have appeared to have affected the Desire S ICS update.

HTC had originally promised the Desire S ICS update for a date between the months of June and August and it’s looking like it will keep its word.

The HTC Desire S isn’t the only device with a specific ICS roll out date up in the air. Both the HTC Droid Incredible 2 and the HTC ThunderBolt both have yet to receive the update and both have been promised the update by the end of August.

Comments

1. P. Ness says

One should comment that HTC is totally rubbish at releasing updates to their customers. I would rather insert pins into the crevasses of my cheeks than buy another HTC.

2. jason says

Been waiting for ICS for my hd so I could use it as my second phone when i get a onex in September.
    Not any more. This last HTC I will ever buy.
    September’s phone is now going to be SGS-III.
    Goodbye htc.

3. paul says

The guy who wrote this article looks like jesse pinkman from breaking bad. Also, HTC sucks ass. My employer furnishes everyone with an iPhone, and I love it. My next personal phone will be the new iPhone in Sept/Oct.

4. Tom says

That’s rubbish. HTC never informed customers the update slipped from the originally penned June/July update window, and they won’t this time UNTIL enough customers complain. If HTC are struggling this year, they may not survive beyond 2013/2014 at this rate. So many pointless iterations of phone, exacerbating the failed update roadmap.

5. Moran says

After emailing to with an HTC support about the desire s ics update I got this response:

“We don’t have an exact time schedule for the ICS update for Desire S, It should be by the end of 2012 depending on all the factors we mentioned: region, network etc.”

I hope there are not waiting to the end of 2012 to update that device.

6. Simon says

Same with me and my DHD. I am very disappoint from HTC and I had 3 more mobiles from HTC before the DHD, the fist one was the Diamond. I will never suggest any of my friend to buy HTC because some of them believe in me and bought the same and now they blame me because they gave so much money and they don’t have the write support for such expensive mobile.
    So my next phone will be nexus because it is always updated and always fast.

7. Muhammad Rehan Hussain says

Waiting for it anxiously..In fact I was the one who asked about it on their page…:)

8. max says

I switched from Desire S to a Galaxy Nexus. I loved HTC but I had of waiting months for updates. Of course I could install Cyanogen mod to get faster updates but when the Nexus dropped to 350$, I couldn’t resist to live in the world of always up to date device :)

9. Waynecaine says

Thought I’d get the ics update for my desire hd this month,why the about turn htc? This will be my last htc phone,bye htc!

10. david says

I expected my update to ics by now i payed a lot of money for my new htc desire s .. i starting to feel let down by htc ther phone may be good but not with updating there phones i have an htc desire s on tmobile so how much longer its coming to end of august 2012 .. please send ics to my tmobile htc desire s has soon has poss htc.

• Rob says

I think you missed an earlier comment. It looks like they are now saying the ICS update is slated for the end fo the year. Total BS. First it was June, then July, then Aug, now end of the year.

11. primo says

My phone is htc desire s. Pls. Update me as soon as possible. I believed the power of htc. Love u htc go go go…!

12. Madel says

I thought by end of JULY? but today is OCT 2,2012 still there’s no ICS update for DESIRE S =(