Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now

After months of waiting, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update is finally rolling out which means that all Nexus devices in the United States slated to get the upgrade to Android 4.1 have finally received the software.

We’ve been tipped by several readers who say that the update is rolling out right now to Verizon Galaxy Nexus devices and so it appears that the roll out indeed has begun.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean originally rolled out in July so it has been a long, arduous wait for Galaxy Nexus owners on Verizon.

Screenshot_2012-09-21-11-07-38

The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update has arrived.

What’s interesting is that we have had a couple of readers say that they were only able to pull down the update when connected to a Wi-Fi network and the update is saying that it will only be available that way until October 1st. As of right now, we can’t confirm that it doesn’t work over cellular but to be safe, it’s probably wise to connect to Wi-Fi before installing the update.

The update itself is fairly big and those who are replacing Ice Cream Sandwich with Jelly Bean are going to want to remain patient as the update both downloads and installs.

Once the update finishes though, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will finally be on par with the rest of the Nexus devices and the it will be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which is a vast improvement over Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

With its smooth and fast UI, offline voice dictation, improved camera software and more, this is an update worth installing, even for those comfortable on Ice Cream Sandwich.

So, if you own a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, you’ll want to check for the update now. It might be sitting there waiting for you to download.

Let us know how the process goes and enjoy.

Comments

• nick says

Try going to settings apps all google frame work then force close and clear it all then go to the dialer type in *#*#2432546#*#* then go to to settings about phone system update and that should work it worked first try with me but with my sisters and moms it took like 3 tries so don’t get mad if it doesn’t work the first time

• JeffP3456 says

9/24/12 01:48am et
      I hav been trying since this article to get the JB update and just now I tried and failed and then tried with wifi turned on and bang it is updating!!! So make sure your wifi is on then follow the instructions above and do not dispair! Jelly Bean baby!!!

1. Austin says

I received the update this morning and I love it. Fixed my signals problems and everything. Getting a steady 4G signal.

2. Adam says

Got my update. Tried about 10 times. Go to settings>apps>all>Google Framework Services. Then push “Force Stop,” then “Clear Data.” After go to system updates and push “Check for update.” Again I did this about 10 times and it worked. Also, it is Wifi only, and I disabled mobile data while trying. You’ll get the update, just may take a few tries.

• Charles says

I tried the settings>apps>all>Google Framework Services. Then push “Force Stop,” then “Clear Data.”method about 4 times in a row and it worked for me! Downloading the JR0030 as I write this…FINALLY!!!

• Charles says

I tried the “Google Framework services-force stop-clear data” thing about 4 times in a row and it worked! Just finishing up the download right now…FINALLY 4.1!!!

• Charles says

Also, I had been trying this since yesterday, with no success…the key was doing it over and over again, one attempt after the other. FYI, I am in upstate NY.

• Adam says

Well, I’m near Chicago. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I tried a few times when I woke up, and got nothing. Waited an hour, and now I’m updated. You’ll get it within an hour or so I’m guessing.

3. Remak says

Finally got it. Tried the Google Framework Services trick, took some time, about more then 2 dozen tries. OC, California.

4. idecrash says

unrooted locked just to get what I already had after 3 months on JB back to ICS. Tampa Bay still no update. If not by 12:00 AM im unlocking and re-rooting saying bye to verizon updates for the last time.

• JeffP3456 says

just got it in WPB, make sure wifi is turned on and try a few times. I am updating as i type..

5. Charles says

Now I wonder if Verizon had not planned it (Jelly Bean release) this way all along…timed to compete with the release of the new iPhone?!

6. BruinFaithful says

Just recieved update. FREAKEN sweet. I just came home and got it. Upgrading as we speak. I am in West LA area. SWEEEEEEET!!!! I just called and complained vociferously about this on Sunday. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

7. Kyle says

In Las Vegas and still no updat, ugh.
    I’ve tried every trick in the book to try to force the OTA with no luck.

8. Joseph says

Got the update in Illinois with the clear data on framework trick, running Jelly bean now! :D

9. Coleman says

I got it on my 4th consecutive try. I just cleared the data instead of force stop then clearing. I’m in Atlanta btw

10. Steve says

I turned off mobile data and then tried the method and it worked the second time. Doing it with mobile data enabled didn’t work, even after dozens of times.

11. Jefhart says

Did the framework trick twice and it updated. I’m in Cincinnati. Thanks for the tip guys!

12. Rob says

I was going to allow myself 50 tries on the “Google Framework” fix before I gave up completely. It worked on attempt 47!! Worked great if you have the patience!

13. Brian says

Got the update in Tampa yesterday. Force close and clear data in IMS framework and Google services framework. Took me about 5 or 6 times. G/F got it about an hour later the same way. But it will not download until you’re on Wi-Fi. Jelly Bean rocks.

14. pman5k says

I got it this AM after dropping the ball and chain off at work. I checked a few times a day this weekend and this AM it just popped up and had already downloaded it.

15. Patrick says

OK I was skeptical that the Google Services Framework thing would work – and after an hour doing it the other day I gave up. Tried it again today about three times and it worked! Macon, GA area!

16. Andy says

LA, CA 09/24/2012 8:27AM

Yeap~~~~~~~~

I am getting it right now~!!

Force to Stop and Clear out then go to punch update now~ lolz

17. john says

john 09/26/12

florida got it on the first try does anybody kno w any apps to make the speaker vol loader