Samsung Confirms Jelly Bean Updates for Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II & More

Many owners of Samsung devices have been waiting for the company to confirm Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for devices beyond the Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. Today, Samsung did just that confirming Jelly Bean for several smartphones and tablets.

The confirmation comes courtesy of The Verge who says that Samsung emailed them with a list of devices that will be seeing the upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

The list is fairly extensive and yes, we finally have confirmation of the Galaxy S II’s Jelly Bean update that was rumored to be in testing.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out in November?

Galaxy-Note-03

Samsung once again confirmed Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Devices that will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean include:

Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy S II LTE, Galaxy Chat, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Ace Plus, Galaxy Mini 2, and Galaxy S Duos; four tablets: the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Galaxy Note 10.1

Obviously, the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Note 10.1 are not new to the story as Samsung confirmed Jelly Bean for those devices back in August at IFA. However, the other devices are new including Samsung’s two Galaxy Tab 2 tablets and again, the Galaxy S II.

The company did not provide any insight as to when any of these devices will receive the updates though for the Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1, we heard “soon” back in August. We’ve also heard that the Galaxy S II would be getting Android 4.1 sometime this year, possibly in Q4.

Read: Don’t Expect the U.S. Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Update in October.

This should mean that those who own these devices on U.S. carriers will receive the update though none of the carriers have announced anything just yet.

Unfortunately, American carriers are extremely slow to get their devices updated, and that could mean that some of these devices may not see Android 4.1 Jelly Bean until some time in 2013.

At the very least, there is now confirmation and that bodes well for an eventual release, something that some owners can’t even boast about.

Comments

1. Patrick says

A 4.0.4 update for Galaxy Note has been pushed out….maybe this is done for prepping Notes for JB

2. borax99 (Alain C.) says

No update for Galaxy Tab 7.7, huh? This is almost enough for me to go over to another vendor !

3. Chrominant says

samsung has rolled out an ics update(4.0.4 DDLR9 in india) to samsung note in this month. the update contains some bug fixes and yes the galaxy s3 touchwiz 5.0 is ported too. this clearly shows that galaxy note is not going to get jelly bean before feb 2013. its quite obvious that samsung wants to sell note 2 upto its set mark….. so note n7000 users, if u want to taste jelly beans u hav 3 options….
    1. get note 2
    2. wait for JB update for n 7000
    3. get a custom rom.

• chad says

Check out paranoid android job custom ROM. But be aware that u will have to root your phone first. This ROM is stable. Camera and camcorder works. Also note that flashing custom ROM voids your phone warranty. If you are technically familiar with Linux OS, you can give it a try.

4. al says

lets see, at+t usually delays three times, so figure six months from the first confirmed date. my guess is the at+t note will get it in may or june.

5. Elle says

I agree, theyll push Note II first.its just being showcased here before launch and its the case of being patient. Jellybean looks completely breathtaking.i am really excited about it!

6. ravindra says

Where is JB for note n7000 users……? If not, then why Samsung making thus type of add. Which plan is roll out in ther mind?

7. Karen says

please tell me if there is uptdate for n7000 or no. when i check for update via my phone it says there is no update available. but there are some videos where i saw galaxy note with jelly bean. please tell me is there jelly bean for n7000 or no.

8. ToMaHaKeR says

I can hardly wait the Jelly Bean update for my Galaxy Mini 2. They will probably release it at some point in January or February 2013.

9. Alan Schwartz says

I was promised in September when I purchased the Galaxy S3 at Verizon W. Support & Sales that I would have the Jellybean upgrade by l atest end if October. If I knew it would takes this long to get the upgrade I would have bought the IPhone 5. I won’t buy from Verizon wireless ever again & well advise my over 250 corporate clients to do likewise.