Verizon Galaxy S4 Release Date Inches Closer

While Verizon continues to remain silent about the specific details regarding its version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, we now know that the Verizon Galaxy S4 release has inched closer as the device has passed through the FCC on its way to the United States’ largest 4G LTE network.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4 U.S. Release: Another Pre-Order Date Confirmed.

In mid-March, Samsung announced the Samsung Galaxy S4 at an event in New York City. Soon after that event, the five largest carriers in the U.S. confirmed the Galaxy S4 for arrival, a list that includes AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon. And while AT&T, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular have divulged information about their device, Sprint and Verizon remain mum.

The Verizon Galaxy S4 has passed through the FCC on its way to shelves.

The Verizon Galaxy S4 has passed through the FCC on its way to shelves.

However, we now know that the Verizon Galaxy S4 release has inched closer due to the emergence of an FCC filing that indicates that the device has passed all tests on its way to Verizon’s LTE network. The model number is now confirmed as SCH-i545, thanks to the discovery by Engadget, and it will utilize 4G LTE speeds over its 700MHz and AWS frequencies.

Also on board is HSPA+ 3G which means that this should indeed be a global device, perfect for those that are looking to take it outside the United States for a trip or vacation.

Of course, what the FCC filing doesn’t reveal are the two things that consumers are most interested in. The Verizon Galaxy S4 price and its release date. Thus far, we haven’t heard any rumors suggesting either so they remain a mystery, two weeks after the Galaxy S4 arrived. We do have some clues though.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S4: 5 Features That Justify The $250 Price.

Add wireless charging to the Samsung Galaxy S4 with a new back, rumored for an April release with a $50 price.

The Galaxy S4 is coming to Verizon. It’s just a matter of when.

AT&T and U.S. Cellular will be offering the device up for pre-order on April 16th while T-Mobile will release the phone on May 1st. So at the very least, it looks like May is likely going to be a probable month for most if not all of these Galaxy S4 variants. Sprint, like Verizon, remains completely mum about a pre-order or a release date.

As for pricing, AT&T has announced that the device will cost $249 though it doesn’t say which storage option will feature that price. T-Mobile has also announced that its Galaxy S4 will start at $99.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is the new flagship for Samsung, replacing the Samsung Galaxy S3 which went on to sell more than 40 million units around the world. It features a 5-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor, 13MP camera, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and an assortment of upgrades and smart features courtesy of Samsung.

Comments

• Joe says

The article is misleading. T-Mobile’s price is $99 upfront and then $20 a month for the two year contract. They are restructuring their mobile plans to pass the subsidized phone cost onto the consumer.

• Adam says

In all fairness, all phone companies “pas the subsidized phone cost onto the consumer” it is just that T-Mobile is showing the costs directly to the consumer.

1. duff says

I just hope Verizon doesn’t stick their logo on the button like they did the Note 2. I also hope they actually carry the 64GBother version not just the pathetic 16GB one. Or I’ll keep using my 4 year old Droid X until something better comes out. Is it that hard to release one that is sturdy, 64GB internal, removable battery, and an SD slot?

• duff says

I use mine for movies, music, and photos. It is also my GPS and entertainment for my son on long trips. Apps and games are a must. I don’t feel like carrying around a 64GB card for movies and music, one for apps, and one for his stuff when I can gave a 64GB phone and obe 64GB card.

• Shawn says

Droid X was a great phone when it was released! One of my favorite phones I’ve had, behind the Galaxy S2 (while I worked for Sprint lol)

2. CRAP products says

Surely this phone should be free!
    There’s nothing new but software gimmicks, hungry for processor and battery, hence no innovation or invention, just a further increase in power, size, plastic and brightness. There is no wow in the hardware(a display well beyond human eye recognition…a totally pointless and impractical achievement for a phone) It’s a fairground interface and great for a night, but not every day.
    Samsung is selling you software, to cover marketing costs. Where’s the improved battery? Green friendly product claims?
    Feeling of quality build?
    Smart and cool concepts?
    Development of phone hardware technology?
    Why market a campaign against a product that defined Samsung’s business model, a company with a factual history of blatantly copying their clients product after agreeing to build them……utter madness and snidey economics….but each to their own.

• CRAP Products says

I’m not a Samsung hater. I like some of the android features(sorry that’s Google). I don’t recognise the cool in any Samsung product, just novel, and not ground breaking nor original. It’s like the Justin Bieber of electronics – A popular copycat for the kids and kitch folks.
      Like I said, ‘each to their own’

3. Bat Masterson Jr. says

Don’t let the T-Mobile release trick you into switching to that carrier. T-Mobile is a nightmare as a carrier.

• Brandon says

+1 for T-Mobile sucking balls. I can’t wait to get out of my contract and buy the S4 from Verizon.

4. Michael says

Yesterday the Verizon model S4 (16GB) were on pre-order for 489.99, I want the 32GB model…LOL

5. Jack Meoff says

I’m not even going to read the rest of your &$$?! Post but my guess is that they are all giving blow jobs to buy all these things, which is why u were interested as well so YOU can give them too for cash to get those things too. In which case I have $10 you can make right now!

6. Fanechka Bronson says

Oh you are right! I like to suck dicks and if u want to take a video of me on your new S4 when u get it I will pay you the $10!