Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD

18 responses

1. Sidney Atta-Ekanan
    04/02/2013

Why bother with such comparison, I mean those who are in the market for a new phone is probably looking for either HTC One or Galaxy S4 and maybe even Lenovo K900 or the next X phone from Motorola….iphone 5s? So Droid RAZR MAXX HD really?

• CK
      05/30/2013

this was just the review I needed, so yes, it was a good comparison. I am not trying to compare between the newest phones – I am trying to decide if S4 is worth getting over my tried and true long-life battery RAZR MAXX that has a crappy camera and no flash player

• justinc
        05/20/2014

lol flash

• Bob
      06/29/2013

Because I can go two days without recharging my phone. Try that with any of the others. Oops, I got home late tonight. Forgot to plug in my phone before I went to bed. No problem with the Razr Maxx line! Go the next day without any problems. Try that with any other phone on the market. Lenovo, really?

• 1337Droid
      07/25/2013

Wow, you are stupid. the HTC one and S4 are not the end-all-be-all of phones, Second the 5s ins’t out yet nor is the Moto-X and third the maxx hd’s blur gives you the closest thing to AOSP you can get from a third party, meaning less bloat and useless crap. and it’s battery life kicks the crap out of most devices that aren’t phablets or tablets with 3,000+ mah batteries in them. HTC One doesn’t have that and the S4 needs an extended aftermarket one to make it work, since it’s clear you don’t know jack about phones go back to playing with the etch-a-sketch like a good kid and let the adults make the decisions since we have the brains and the cash.

2. Larry
    04/02/2013

This Adam mills is so such a duche the s4 is not released yet so how does this idiot compare??? Just reading rumor mill specs online?? Don’t work that way, it’s hands on device and use than put all the v/s crap dude!!

• Joey Waters
      05/03/2013

Larry , you funny guy ! and have a very good good point .

• Phil McCrackenn
      05/19/2013

Wow, Larry. Angry and bitter much? Maybe you could take a deep breath and try something like this, “I wonder if the reviewer was able to obtain a test device for his review or if his information is simply drawn from the pulbished specs? Either way, thanks for taking the time to provide the public with this comparison.”

3. Morning!
    04/02/2013

How much THIS PHONE ( http://www.androidtimes1.blogspot.com/2013/04/samsung-galaxy-mega-handsets-leak.html ) os going to hurt HTC One?
    Samsung Galaxy Mega with huge and amazing display!

• Larry
      04/04/2013

I assume same price as last model??? But we will see …

4. SERGIO
    04/27/2013

en argentina con el cambio cualquiera de estos smartphones (s4 o razr maxx hd) liberados para cualquier compania tendrian un valor expresados en dolares de 850 U$S, muy arriba por los 250 U$S que proponen en este articulo . eso sin contar que en la argentina el dolar extraoficial se comercializa en 9,15 pesos eso es lo que se paga por 1 dolar, que daria un valor en 8000 pesos argentinos. lejos muy lejos de las economias del mundo occidental

5. Stu
    05/28/2013

I was hoping for an unbiased comparison, but this was just a Galaxy love fest… The author only reluctantly gave the MAXX its due for the class-leading battery life (~30% more). That makes it tough to take this seriously. Also, just to put this out there, more cores doesn’t equate to better performance. Most smartphone users will never utilize four cores, so it really boils down to per-core performance, of which nothing was mentioned. There, tech-geek rant over.

6. Glenn
    06/12/2013

I read the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed your comparison. I have a Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD, but I am sort of curious about the new S4

7. Scott
    06/29/2013

Which of these is more rugged?

8. Virgil Iiams
    07/17/2013

I like both phones. I have both phones. Only one difference: The Samsung does not have the oomph to pick up Verizon signal while the Motorola Droid Razr does. I live in a rural area. Both are Verizon phones. Suggestions?

• John
      11/28/2013

I have two friends with Motorola Razr Maxx phones, both on Verizon. Both friends are happy when the phone works. Both friends have had to get multiple replacements, due to battery failure. Each replacement cost $90.00. That’s $360.00 in replacement cost, plus $9.00/mo for Verizon extended warranty coverage with a two incident per year maximum. My Samsung Charge is still going strong. Get yourself a spare charger and a car charger and use them. This method works great and you won’t have to depend on a product that has design flaws. If you still must have the Razr Maxx, just make sure you get the extended warranty coverage.