Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Details Pulled

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update situation has taken a bit of a twist today as the carrier who originally said that Samsung would be updating the Galaxy Note 2 straight to Android 4.3 has taken the device and the update information off of its update status list without explanation.

Earlier this year, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update was rumored for arrival. However, rumors soon sprouted up, suggesting that the company may have killed the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update in favor of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This was backed up by Australian carrier Telstra who claimed that Samsung had cancelled the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update in favor of something else though it didn’t explicitly say Android 4.3.

Read: Android 4.3 Update Breakdown: Galaxy S3, HTC One & More.

Look for a new design from the Galaxy Note 3.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is expected to go straight to Android 4.3.

Telstra issued that declaration back in mid-July and Galaxy Note 2 owners on Telstra, and on other carriers, have been waiting for more information about the upcoming Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update that very clearly is going to be issued instead of Android 4.2.

Originally, the carrier had this to say about the Galaxy Note 2:

Samsung have elected globally to skip the 4.2.2 update for this device and will instead go to a newer version of Android. No schedule has been provided for this update.

Just a few short days ago, Telstra released their new update status list though the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has mysteriously vanished without a trace. It’s unclear why the carrier removed the information about the Galaxy Note 2′s upcoming software update and it adds mystery to a situation that is already a bit tense.

It could be that the carrier doesn’t have any new information, though we would imagine it would have just left it up there with the same info if that were the case. It could be that the situation has changed. It could be that Samsung requested that they take the information down so as not to stir the pot. Whatever the case, Telstra isn’t saying.

It should be noted that the Samsung Galaxy S3, which is also rumored to be skipping Android 4.2 Jelly Bean in favor of Android 4.3, isn’t on the list either and hasn’t been in quite some time.

The fact that Telstra didn’t update users with a specific time frame for the update could mean that the software is not going to roll out for quite some time. Rumors have suggested November for both the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 updates and if that’s true, we could see carriers push these updates out in 2014.

Since September, the Galaxy S3 has been on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, an older version of Google’s Android software. The Galaxy Note 2, which arrived later in the year, has been stuck on Android 4.1 as well, the software that was on board when it first arrived. Both updates are expected to have some of the Galaxy S4′s software features on board with the new camera options thought to be distinct possibilities.

Comments

1. disgruntled note2 says

Wtf samsung. Are you doing this because I am using a note 2? FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ckh14 says

The note 2 will not get the update until long after note 3 arrives…. just another ploy to give people who are annoyed or sick of waiting more reason to upgrade to note 3…. they have no incentive to give us the update before getting the note 3 out… annoying as hell considering it’s been like a year since 4.2 was released.

3. demifiend says

I’ve been running 4.2.2 since like a day after I bought the device, rooted and installed carbon xD not a big deal.

4. Ameek says

Wtf is this samsung!!! U’ve sent updates for all ur other mid range phones! Why not these 2 flagship n popular devices of 2012???? U wanna shift us to other company n sell ur shit away??

5. MrMr says

This is bullshit, samsung is playing games. i had apple before and ill switch back if they keep this shit up.

6. kinjal says

Fucck off samsung.. my note 2 is starved for new os… n you are behaving like this.. asssholes I guess I need to sell ur cell -_-

7. thulani says

i believe we are being taken for a ride. can Samsung please listen to us we are what they need in their business, unless if they are prepared to loose their customers we real need the update.
    i have been holding on my Note 2 for long enough now.

8. Stallone says

This South Koren’s have nice business tactics of not releasing the new updates for old devices thinking that they will keep on buy the new ones as they keep on launching new phones more. After all, if you sell a Samsung phone its value is very less compared to apple or other phones. I will never ever buy a Samsung product in my life, if one buy this product their money has no value.

9. Gary says

I find this really, really annoying. Why did I buy a flagship device…just to watch it get passed over to lower end devices. I find it completely unsatisfactory!

10. soulpurposeooc says

On Android Forums a GN2 owner posted that he was told at BB that the GN2 has been discontinued. This would explain its disappearance from update lists. This is the second Sammie Flagship phone that I’ve owned and gotten screwed by them. The best thing to do is to root and keep it movin’. The good news is that the GN2 is such a great phone that we may see support by the devs for awhile, which will extend its life at least till you WANT to upgrade. As of now, the phone is perfect except for the outdated OS. I have no intention of buying the NOTE3 at any price.

11. Leland says

Whatever the case, samsungs just going to do this over and over. With this track record, upgrade for the note 3 when note 4 comes would be just like this. I fil bad for encouraging others to go for the note 2 when they were about to jump to the iphone 5 bandwagon. Some explanatn frm samsung is would have helped. Not even a line of it. Poor aftersales they seem to care only about the next flagship device of theirs.

12. SumzUp says

Very very disappointing! I think I was better off without Note 2 only. Samsung is going to lose its client base because of such strategies. Gosh would I have known that resale is also pathetic, now got to use it for over an year to get value for money. Rooting is the way!!!

13. Ad says

I have Note 2 and i don’t desperately need the updates. Would be better if we get it otherwise it does the job what it suppose to made for also bought GS4 and i don’t find much difference apart from some extra features which i don’t really really need in my daily life. Still happy with my N2

14. Anthony Romero says

It’s time put out the updates it does hurt your image and puts doubt on getting android. You should also put the move to sd tab back on the setting menu.

15. alex says

Shout out as you like… the giant samsung wont die if they dont have you as their customer… none of them heard you guys.even they did… it would be like some noisy like a barking things… they dont die only by a few like you who want to switch to apple… hahaha… ya.. ihate it too… but do you think our neighbours offered well than this ?go for it… Choice is always yours..

16. eli says

Switching to nexus tommorow. How about this samsung when u give any update for note 2 just shove it back up your ass…

17. daniel says

15 million sold note2? and still they can’t deliver firmware. Android 5 before end of september or its a Sony next time

18. Jesse says

Overly disappointed in the way this is being carried out ….. love my note 2. Loved my LTE even more but should I as a loyal Samsung customer feel that money I thought was well spent on what I believed to be a top of the range mobile tablet only to see its being neglected by Samsung themselves leaving me with over all doubt about the product and brand name. . All my electronics at home are Samsung smart all share and now I’m wondering if it was all a huge waste of money. …… if there is no update on the Os what is the reason. .. Thanks
    A very concerned customer

19. Moxy says

Samsung should be out of mind to not provide latest update for Note 2 as soon as possible. This will definitely affect my decision to promote and buy their products. It is a wrong policy to take the owner of the older version in hostage to be able to sell newer versions. It will negatively affect Samsung reputation in the long run by adding to negative feedback from active customers who are pioneer to buy their product but have had a bad experience.

20. dickson +233207415737 says

I am waiting patiently to get the update in Ghana. I love my sumsung note 2 and I want the best for it.

21. amir says

My note 2 android vertion is 4.1.2 and will any one leave me a message how I can update it to the newer Android version