The 2019 Ram 1500 is an epic upgrade with more tech than you can imagine, insane capabilities and an interior on the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited that destroys the competition.
It’s a big year for trucks, and the new Ram is out to an early lead by combining high tech features with proven Ram power and an upgraded ride that we can’t wait to put to the test.
“The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers a no-compromise approach to the full-size truck segment with strength, durability, technology and efficiency,” said Mike Manley, Head of Ram Brand. “The Ram 1500 offers truck buyers leading-edge innovation with 225 pounds of weight reduction, 12,750 pounds of towing capability, a stunning Uconnect 12-inch touchscreen display and active systems that improve fuel efficiency and assist drivers. The Ram 1500 stands out as the benchmark in a very competitive segment.”
Before you pick up a 2018 Ram 1500 or go for the 2018 Ford F-150 and the new 2019 Chevy Silverado, this is what you need to know about the all new Ram 1500.
2019 RAM 1500: What’s New?
The all new 109 Ram 1500 comes with an upgraded interior that is more aerodynamic for better fuel efficiency, a stronger frame with a lighter overall vehicle weight and more towing and payload capacity.
The new Frequency Response Dampening shocks can help deliver a more comfortable ride and there is a class exclusive air suspension system that can deliver even more fuel efficiency, ride quality and off road capability.
In addition to the 3.6L Pentastar V-6 and the 5.7L HEMI V-8, there is an eTorque mild hybrid system that delivers the ability for start stop functionality and short term torque assist to add 90 lb.-ft of torque to the V-6 and 130 lb.-ft of torque to the V-8. Additional upgrades include;
- New generation of TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmissions provide improved efficiency with more powerful control computers
- New electronic locking rear differential is standard on 4×4 Off-road Package and Rebel, available on all models
- Heat exchanger system now includes industry-first thermal axle to quickly warm rear axle gear oil, maximizing axle during warm-up
Ram also packs in a huge 12-inch touch screen system that includes support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto while giving you what amounts to two screens on the dash so that you have access to what you need at all times. That’s just the start of the new technology.
The exterior features new Ram’s head grilles and a new look that plays into the better aerodynamics. You’ll see specific and identifiable differences between the six classes. The list of new 2019 Ram 1500 features goes on including;
- All-new full LED Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), including twin bi-functional projector headlamps, fog lamps and tail lamps
- Lighter, longer and wider, including an overall cab length increase of four inches, creating the most spacious interior for additional features and passenger comfort
- Nearly 100 percent more storage capacity versus closest competitor at 151.1 liters
- Dampening tailgate with lift assist technology.
- Reimagined center console with 12 different storage configurations offers never-before-seen customization for the most active interior real estate
- Second row includes slide reclining seats to eight degrees, a true flat-load floor with integrated RamBins with tie-down rings and expandable under seat storage
- All-new switch bank with dedicated toggle switches, wireless charging dock and up to five USBs, including four type C/A ports
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go and Hold
- New 4×4 Off-road Package includes suspension with one-inch lift, electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks and Hill-descent Control
We’ll dive deeper into these new features in the sections below.
2019 Ram 1500 Tech
On most trim levels you will find the new 12-inch configurable Uconnect System. This massive display allows you to pick what you see on the bottom and top part of the screen so that the controls you want are nearby. You also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support.
Ram also packs in a new SiriusXM 360L feature that delivers a personalized listening experience and on demand content. This is is the first vehicle with the 360L service and it comes as part of the Sirius XM All Access subscription. Buyers who opt for the 12-inch Uconnect system get a one year subscription included. Additional tech features include;
- Fourth-generation Uconnect system SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services delivers advanced in-vehicle connected services, including 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
- 360-degree Surround View Camera with bird’s-eye perspective of vehicle
- New multifunction USB ports and optional integrated wireless charging pad
- A tablet holder built into the center console for rear passengers
- Available navigation system accommodates one-step, voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics
one thing that stood out to us as we checked out the 2019 Ram 1500 is the multitude of USB ports to connect your devices and charge them. The Ram 1500 includes four USB C ports that support fast charging and one normal USB A port. This is the most USB C ports we’ve seen in a vehicle and you can even control which ones are active from the front of the vehicle. You’ll also find a wireless charger that supports Qi charging. there are also two 115 V standard outlets, and a third available in the RamBox if equipped, with support for up to 400 Watts of power so you can power a small drill or a blender.
2019 Ram 1500 Trim & Packages
There are six 2019 Ram 1500 trim levels to choose from and you’ll find more noticeable differences in each while still seeing many of the same new Ram 1500 features and the overall design. the trim levels are as follows;
- 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
- 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn
- 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel
- 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
- 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
- 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
The 2019 Ram 1500 Limited features an amazing interior that looks like you stepped into a luxury vehicle. This is one of the trim levels we went hands on with at the Detroit Auto show and we walked away impressed with the leather wrapped dash and door panel covers as well as the chrome and brushed nickel accents. There are even real barn wood accents in the cabin that really set the design off.
The 2019 Ram Rebel is available in a Quad Cab configuration and now includes 18-inch wheels with 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires complete with an electronic locking rear differential. While the last generation Rebel included Air Suspension standard, the 2019 Ram Rebel comes standard with coil spring suspension and a 1-inch lift straight from the factory. New Bilstein shocks keep the shocks cool and work with the “unique rear suspension geometry” to deliver better traction. On the Rebel you’ll also find Hill-descent Control, tow hooks and skid plates to protect the transfer case, steering system, oil pan and gas tank.
In addition to the trim levels you can choose between 2WD and 4WD options and you can opt for an Off-Road package as well as the Ram 1500 Rebel. If you need to tow, the Max Tow Package offers up to 12,750 pounds of towing capacity on a 2WD model with the 5.7L V-8 HEMI.
There are 12 2019 Ram 1500 color options including four brand new colors; Billet Silver, Tri-coat White, Patriot Blue, Diamond Black Crystal. You can also get rhee two tone color options.
2019 Ram 1500 Release Date
The 2019 Ram 1500 release date is not confirmed, but you can expect it to hit dealers later this year. The new Ram 1500 is being built in the Sterling Heights Assembly plant in Michigan.
2019 Ram 1500 Price
There is no specific Ram 1500 pricing available yet. We expect to see the starting prices similar to the 2018 Ram, though with upgraded interiors and new differences between the trim levels and options, we could see higher overall prices on fully loaded versions of the new Ram.
5 Things to Know about the watchOS 6 Update
The watchOS 6 update is coming to your Apple Watch today. This free update for the Apple Watch brings a...
5 Reasons to Buy the Apple Watch 5 & 4 Reasons Not To
There are great reasons to pre-order the Apple Watch 5 right now, but there are also important reasons to wait...