The Anker Powercore 10,000 mAh portable battery charger is one of the smallest, fastest and most affordable chargers money can buy. Allowing smartphone and tablet users to quickly fill up their battery in just 30 minutes when an outlet isn’t available.
Portable battery chargers are becoming increasingly more popular, with higher capacities, offering a quick and easy way for users to get extra battery life on their phone while out and about or traveling. It’s essentially a battery pack with some USB outlets, which can charge nearly any device over USB.
This model has a 10,000 mAh battery inside, which can fully recharge a Galaxy S7 over three times. For just $21 with an included carry case it’s certainly a smartphone accessory we can recommend without hesitation. This is our Anker Powercore 10,000 mAh Quick Charge 3.0 review.
What makes Anker’s new Powercore 10,000 mAh charger special is the speed that it recharges gadgets, how small it is, and the price. We’ve reviewed some with massive 20,000 mAh battery packs inside, but carrying around something that huge isn’t ideal. That’s where the Anker comes in, featuring the best all around package when it comes to a portable charger.
Anker has been a big name in this market for years and the company has a slew of packs to choose from in different sizes and price. However, this new one does what most others on the market can’t, which is Quick Charge 3.0 support. Now that might not mean anything to average smartphone owners that just want to charge their phone when they aren’t home, but it’s extremely important.
To be brief, Quick Charge 3.0 technology allows for extremely fast rapid charging of smartphones and tablets. How fast? A smartphone can recharge from 0-80% in just 35 minutes, then trickle charges the other 20% to preserve the life of the battery. As a comparison, older phones without this technology take 2-3 hours to recharge. That’s a huge difference everyone will want to take into consideration.
New devices released in 2016 (like the LG G5, HTC 10, and upcoming Galaxy Note 7) use this and it’s a feature that many look for. The Anker Powercore 10,000 is also backwards compatible to charge any and all devices at the right speed, like an iPhone, including Quick Charge 2.0 support for the popular Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S7 Edge. Those can charge from 0-50% in about 25 minutes with this charger, which is still extremely fast. A typical cheap portable battery doesn’t offer this speed or compact size, and often cost the same amount if not more.
This latest Powercore series from Anker all support Quick Charge 3.0 technology, and are 27% smaller than the previous generation, which was already the market-leader in terms of size. Our Powercore 10,000 mAh charger is roughly the size of a credit card, a little thicker than a smartphone, comes with an included micro-USB charging cable, and a neat little carry case all for $21. It’s packed full of battery life and good value.
It’s made out of a durable and lightweight plastic, rather than heavy metal like some older models, features one full-size USB output port to plug in the included cable and charge micro-USB devices like an Android phone or tablet, and that same cable recharges the battery too. It has four blue LEDs on the top to show battery levels, and one dedicated power button on the side to start the charging process. It’s small, fast, simple to use and very cheap. The perfect combination for those on the go.
I’ve been using the new Anker Powercore 10k with Quick Charge 3.0 for nearly two weeks, and have come away extremely impressed by the speed and accuracy of the battery capacity. Using the HTC 10 with a 3,000 mAh battery I was able to charge it from 0-100% three times, and had a little leftover to get about 40% on the fourth day. That’s enough for an entire weekend traveling. It will charge the Galaxy S7 Edge nearly three times.
This charger might not have 2-3 ports, a dedicated USB Type-C port or a huge capacity, but it does what it’s supposed to and it does it fast. In the past I carried around huge chargers that are are inconvenient, and not worth the hassle. Having something as small and fast as the Anker 10k is something we’d recommend to any and all smartphone owners.
Those who don’t want a bulky battery case or want to carry around multiple chargers can get a portable battery pack like the Anker, and have it charged and ready to go whenever its needed.
Even if your current device doesn’t support Quick Charge 3.0, chances are your next one will. Meaning the Anker can quickly charge all your gadgets right now, and others in the future. Get one today for only $21 at Amazon.
Is Simple Mobile Worth It?
Is Simple Mobile worth it? This is what you need to know about switching to Simple Mobile. We’ll cover what...
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...